Branson, Virgin Media Consider Move Into Utilities
According to the article, Branson thinks that adding utilities to its cable television, fixed and mobile telephones and broadband internet, could prove attractive to customers because they could receive a single bill for all services.
“Now we’ve got a billing system for all that, it might make sense for Virgin Media to finish off and sort out gas, electricity and water as well. But I haven’t spoken to anyone about it,” Branson said.
Stay Up-to-Date On Environmental Management, Energy & Sustainability News with EL's Free Daily Newsletter
Energy Manager News
- Energy Storage in the Fast Lane
- Alberta Firm Aims for Energy Neutral Egg Laying Barn
- The Department of Energy Seeks to Improve the Better Buildings Challenge
- Behind the Meter: The Many Advantages of Energy Benchmarking
- Telecommunications Companies Upgrade Their Approaches to Energy
- Cutting Energy Use in Fire Stations
- Revolution Lighting Signs School Districts in NY, NJ
- Green Building Boom Is Pumping Billions into US Economy, Retrofits Are Fueling the Trend