Branson, Virgin Media Consider Move Into Utilities
According to the article, Branson thinks that adding utilities to its cable television, fixed and mobile telephones and broadband internet, could prove attractive to customers because they could receive a single bill for all services.
“Now we’ve got a billing system for all that, it might make sense for Virgin Media to finish off and sort out gas, electricity and water as well. But I haven’t spoken to anyone about it,” Branson said.
Energy Manager News
- Drama Aside, Tesla’s Acquisition of SolarCity Makes Sense
- SunPower Solar Technology Breaks 24% Energy Efficiency Mark
- U.S. Data Centers Increasing Energy Efficiency
- A New Role for Mats: Promoting Sustainability
- Palmco to Refund $4.5M to New Jersey Consumers for Deceptive Sale Practices
- SolarCity Poll: Most Illinois Residents Oppose Utility Demand Charges
- Behind the Meter Podcast: Seeing U-Haul’s HQ Parking Structure in a New (LED) Light
- Uninterruptible Power Supplies: The Case for Moving Beyond Batteries