Global Warming Already Changing Corporate Strategies
Just a few examples:
Diavik Diamond Mines of Canada, is paying more money to transport materials by helicopter, rather than relying on melting Arctic ice bridges to move equipment.
Allstate Insurance, worried about the increase in extreme weather events, won’t accept new homeowner policies in NJ, CT, and DE, or New York City’s five boroughs.
Whirlpool is investing more resources into the production of more energy-efficient appliances.
An interesting report from the Pew Center that came out last year presents a look at the development and implementation of corporate strategies that take into account climate-related risks and opportunities.
Energy Manager News
- Power Over Ethernet: A Smart Power Option for Smart Buildings
- Seminole County Sports Complex Moves to LEDs
- GlacialPower Intros LED Driver
- The Hunt for Reforming Energy Markets
- New Hampshire Shopping Site Offers Over 70 Competitive Retail Plans
- KCC Slashes Westar Transmission Delivery Fee
- Reach Out to Finance Execs With Data They Understand
- Energy Trust of Oregon Exceeded 2015 Goals