Global Warming Already Changing Corporate Strategies
Just a few examples:
Diavik Diamond Mines of Canada, is paying more money to transport materials by helicopter, rather than relying on melting Arctic ice bridges to move equipment.
Allstate Insurance, worried about the increase in extreme weather events, won’t accept new homeowner policies in NJ, CT, and DE, or New York City’s five boroughs.
Whirlpool is investing more resources into the production of more energy-efficient appliances.
An interesting report from the Pew Center that came out last year presents a look at the development and implementation of corporate strategies that take into account climate-related risks and opportunities.
Energy Manager News
- Tesla’s Battery Storage Device Put to Use. Time to Exhale?
- Variable Speed Drives are a Powerful Efficiency Tool
- Veolia Checks Into the UK’s Tallest Hotel
- Massachusetts Aims for Critical Care Resiliency
- State of Michigan and MISO Propose Retail Capacity Charge
- Breaking the Ice with Thermal Energy Storage
- Ameresco to Upgrade Federal Prison in Butner, NC
- Alpen Introduces Window Package Rated at R10 Insulation