GE to Supply 300 Turbines to Noble’s NY Wind Projects
GE Energy will supply 300 1.5-megawatt wind turbines to Noble Environmental Power. The company will use the new GE turbines for the second phases of the Bliss Windpark, located in Wyoming County in western New York; and the Clinton Windpark, located in Clinton County in northern New York.
As of Dec. 31, 2006, the state’s installed wind energy capacity stood at 370 megawatts. The 2007 and 2008 Noble projects will increase New York’s wind power capacity by 450 megawatts.
Plans call for selling all of the power from the wind projects to the New York Independent System Operator for dispatch through the state electricity grid.
Energy Manager News
- Drama Aside, Tesla’s Acquisition of SolarCity Makes Sense
- SunPower Solar Technology Breaks 24% Energy Efficiency Mark
- U.S. Data Centers Increasing Energy Efficiency
- A New Role for Mats: Promoting Sustainability
- Palmco to Refund $4.5M to New Jersey Consumers for Deceptive Sale Practices
- SolarCity Poll: Most Illinois Residents Oppose Utility Demand Charges
- Behind the Meter Podcast: Seeing U-Haul’s HQ Parking Structure in a New (LED) Light
- Uninterruptible Power Supplies: The Case for Moving Beyond Batteries