GE to Supply 300 Turbines to Noble’s NY Wind Projects
GE Energy will supply 300 1.5-megawatt wind turbines to Noble Environmental Power. The company will use the new GE turbines for the second phases of the Bliss Windpark, located in Wyoming County in western New York; and the Clinton Windpark, located in Clinton County in northern New York.
As of Dec. 31, 2006, the state’s installed wind energy capacity stood at 370 megawatts. The 2007 and 2008 Noble projects will increase New York’s wind power capacity by 450 megawatts.
Plans call for selling all of the power from the wind projects to the New York Independent System Operator for dispatch through the state electricity grid.
Energy Manager News
- New Refrigerant Rules Will Have Long Term Impact
- Building Data Platform from Leviton
- Athens, OH, Nears $4.28M Retrofit Project
- ERC Price Benchmark Trends Week Ending: September 23, 2016
- Feds Asked to Reverse Montana PSC Decision on Solar Charges
- Energy Retailer Crius Acquires Assets of Verengo
- Put Safety First in LED Installations
- Microsoft: Data Centers to Use 50% Renewables by 2018