GE to Supply 300 Turbines to Noble’s NY Wind Projects
GE Energy will supply 300 1.5-megawatt wind turbines to Noble Environmental Power. The company will use the new GE turbines for the second phases of the Bliss Windpark, located in Wyoming County in western New York; and the Clinton Windpark, located in Clinton County in northern New York.
As of Dec. 31, 2006, the state’s installed wind energy capacity stood at 370 megawatts. The 2007 and 2008 Noble projects will increase New York’s wind power capacity by 450 megawatts.
Plans call for selling all of the power from the wind projects to the New York Independent System Operator for dispatch through the state electricity grid.
Energy Manager News
- ERC: Electricity Price Trends for the Week Ending June 26
- Final Energy Conservation Standards for Packaged Terminal Air Conditioners Mirror ASHRAE/IES Standard 90.1-2013
- Seeley International Acquires Coolerado
- Joule Assets Becomes Demand Response Provider in Texas
- Excalibur Energy Becomes Preferred Supplier for Facilities Management Firm
- Product Warranty Covers Both Insulated Roof Panels, Solar PV
- Combining Solar with Ground Heat Pump Is Energy, Cost Efficient
- Current Clamps Measure Energy for Small Businesses