GE to Supply 300 Turbines to Noble’s NY Wind Projects
GE Energy will supply 300 1.5-megawatt wind turbines to Noble Environmental Power. The company will use the new GE turbines for the second phases of the Bliss Windpark, located in Wyoming County in western New York; and the Clinton Windpark, located in Clinton County in northern New York.
As of Dec. 31, 2006, the state’s installed wind energy capacity stood at 370 megawatts. The 2007 and 2008 Noble projects will increase New York’s wind power capacity by 450 megawatts.
Plans call for selling all of the power from the wind projects to the New York Independent System Operator for dispatch through the state electricity grid.
Energy Manager News
- Two Studies Show the State of Energy Efficiency
- Phoenix Airport LED Project Moves Along
- Maine Businesses Shut Out of Power Program
- Stay Cool This Summer While Avoiding These Common Summer Pitfalls
- Coalition Seeks to Stop SCE&G’s Blank Check
- NARUC Releases DER Draft Rate Design Manual
- Behind the Meter Podcast: Pushing Sustainability, Efficiency with Green Leases
- The Tricky World of Portable Commercial Air Conditioners