GE to Supply 300 Turbines to Noble’s NY Wind Projects
GE Energy will supply 300 1.5-megawatt wind turbines to Noble Environmental Power. The company will use the new GE turbines for the second phases of the Bliss Windpark, located in Wyoming County in western New York; and the Clinton Windpark, located in Clinton County in northern New York.
As of Dec. 31, 2006, the state’s installed wind energy capacity stood at 370 megawatts. The 2007 and 2008 Noble projects will increase New York’s wind power capacity by 450 megawatts.
Plans call for selling all of the power from the wind projects to the New York Independent System Operator for dispatch through the state electricity grid.
Energy Manager News
- Apple, Google, Facebook Throw Weight Around in NC Energy Policy
- 2015 Green Lease Leaders include Landlords, Tenants, Brokers
- Disney World Builds Mickey Mouse-Shaped 5 MW Solar System
- Ohio Businesses Encouraged to Use Cogged V-Belts
- Renewables Share of US Energy Consumption Highest Since 1930s
- ZBB Unveils EMS for C&I Buildings
- Levi Strauss, Gap, Autodesk Support California Clean Energy Bill
- New Hydro-Quebec Data Center to Use Free Cooling