Florida School District to Unveil Plug-In Hybrid School Bus
Florida’s Manatee school district will start running two plug-in hybrid school buses from IC Corporation next month, GreenCarCongress reports. The two hybrids are part of a 19-bus order placed by a group of school districts, state energy agencies and private school bus operators in 11 states.
Each hybrid costs $225,000. With volume purchasing, officials expect the price to settle out at around $100,000 apiece.
Energy Manager News
- Energy-as-a-Service: Charting a Path Through Complexity
- Demand Energy, EnerSys Complete Storage Project
- Lunera Intros Pathway and Entryway LED
- FPL to Buy and Phase Out Coal-Powered Plant, Saving Customers $129M
- Environmental, Health and Safety Software Moves Forward
- Johnson Controls: Interest, Investment in Energy Efficiency Up
- First-Ever Statewide Endorsement of Retail Supplier, by Delaware, Goes to Direct Energy
- Oberlin, Ohio, Ratepayers to Receive $2.2M in Rebates for Sale of RECs