Florida School District to Unveil Plug-In Hybrid School Bus
Florida’s Manatee school district will start running two plug-in hybrid school buses from IC Corporation next month, GreenCarCongress reports. The two hybrids are part of a 19-bus order placed by a group of school districts, state energy agencies and private school bus operators in 11 states.
Each hybrid costs $225,000. With volume purchasing, officials expect the price to settle out at around $100,000 apiece.
Stay Up-to-Date On Environmental Management, Energy & Sustainability News with EL's Free Daily Newsletter
Energy Manager News
- New Wind Farm to Sell Power to Hawaii County Department of Water Supply
- Hybrid Gensets Can Help Solve a Big Problem for the Mining Industry
- Commercial Property Energy Use Down in San Francisco
- Royalpark Homes to Install Solar PV + Energy Storage System
- Wabasha-Kellogg School to Invest $4M in HVAC Upgrade
- Will Boulder County Expand Net-Zero Building Requirements?
- Energy Storage Prospects Bright in Virginia, Ontario
- Sustenir to Use Illumitex LEDs in Singapore Vertical Farming