Alcan CEO Announces New CO2 Emissions Reduction Goal
In a speech at the Canadian Club of Montreal, Dick Evans, Alcan’s president and CEO, said, “Today, Alcan is announcing a commitment for a further 10 percent reduction in direct C02 equivalent emissions intensity from 2006 to 2010.”
Between 1990 and 2005, Alcan’s total GHG emission intensity was reduced by 25 percent, according to Alcan. The reductions came from developing and investing in more energy-efficient technologies, such as its Aluminium Pechiney smelting technology.
Alcan was recently included on the annual Global 100 Most Sustainable Corporations in the World list.
Stay Up-to-Date On Environmental Management, Energy & Sustainability News with EL's Free Daily Newsletter
Energy Manager News
- Tesla Becoming a Major Player in the Energy Storage Market
- Federal Agencies Must Use eProject Builder for All ESPC Projects
- Refrigeration Battery Works as Energy Storage
- 400 kW Fuel Cell System Powers Comcast Facility
- City Picks UtilityTRX for Utility Bill Management
- FridgeWize Unveils HVAC EC Motors
- Aztec AMC Modular HVAC system Reduces Data Center Cooling Costs
- Verismic Does Remote PC Power Management