Alcan CEO Announces New CO2 Emissions Reduction Goal
In a speech at the Canadian Club of Montreal, Dick Evans, Alcan’s president and CEO, said, “Today, Alcan is announcing a commitment for a further 10 percent reduction in direct C02 equivalent emissions intensity from 2006 to 2010.”
Between 1990 and 2005, Alcan’s total GHG emission intensity was reduced by 25 percent, according to Alcan. The reductions came from developing and investing in more energy-efficient technologies, such as its Aluminium Pechiney smelting technology.
Alcan was recently included on the annual Global 100 Most Sustainable Corporations in the World list.
Energy Manager News
- Dissecting the Data Revolution
- Energy Star Recognizes 16 GM Facilities
- CCI Group Awarded Contract for Anniston Army Depot
- Under Hawaiian Electric’s New TOU Pilot Plan, Time Is Money
- SCE&G Retail Rate Adjustment Will Be Close to Break-Even for Customers
- LEED v4 is Ready to Take Center Stage
- Honeywell Upgrading Energy, Water Systems at The University of Mount Olive
- Three Boston Area Organizations Jointly Buying Solar Energy