Alcan CEO Announces New CO2 Emissions Reduction Goal
In a speech at the Canadian Club of Montreal, Dick Evans, Alcan’s president and CEO, said, “Today, Alcan is announcing a commitment for a further 10 percent reduction in direct C02 equivalent emissions intensity from 2006 to 2010.”
Between 1990 and 2005, Alcan’s total GHG emission intensity was reduced by 25 percent, according to Alcan. The reductions came from developing and investing in more energy-efficient technologies, such as its Aluminium Pechiney smelting technology.
Alcan was recently included on the annual Global 100 Most Sustainable Corporations in the World list.
Energy Manager News
- Mohegan Sun Pocono Casino Doesn’t Consider Cogeneration a Gamble
- Clean Power Plan: Obama’s Team Confident About Pitch to Supreme Court
- BuildingIQ Introduces Managed Services
- Solar Power Breakthrough Near?
- Battery Storage Giving Businesses a Break
- Could Ratepayers Foot the Bill for New Hampshire’s Pipelines?
- CenterPoint to Acquire Continuum’s Retail Energy Services Division
- LED Projects Must Be Carefully Planned