GEMI Rolls Out Interactive Sustainable Development Tool
GEMI says that user surveys showed a clear need to make the SD Planner easier to use. The organization says that the interactive web tool version delivers on that need.
Together, the tools can provide detailed, comprehensive planning to establish baseline performance, assess opportunities, set goals, develop action plans and evaluate progress toward a company’s sustainable development objectives, according to Keith Miller, manager, environmental initiatives and sustainability, 3M and co-chair of the GEMI sustainable development work group.
“GEMI’s mission is to develop tools and information that can be used by business to help them operate in a more sustainable way around the world,” said GEMI’s chair, Stan Christian, corporate director, safety and environment, Motorola, Inc. “This new software tool has been created because the members of GEMI recognize the need and opportunity for business to address environmental, economic and social issues in a way that creates business value.”
GEMI currently has 39 member companies representing more than 22 business sectors with comprised annual sales of more than $915 billion, a global headcount of more than 2.5 million, and more than 3,034 manufacturing facilities worldwide.
Stay Up-to-Date On Environmental Management, Energy & Sustainability News with EL's Free Daily Newsletter
Energy Manager News
- Using the IoT to Drive Power Plant Efficiency
- Three NJ Communities Say No to School HVAC System Upgrades
- ERC: Electricity Price Trends for the Week Ending September 24
- Researchers Make Gains on Combined Energy Systems, Heat Exchangers
- School Projects in MA, CO
- Pattern Energy Completes 200 MW Logan’s Gap Wind Facility in Texas
- Marine Corps Upgrading 37 Buildings at Camp Lejeune, N.C.
- Photovoltaic Projects in TN, CT