GEMI Rolls Out Interactive Sustainable Development Tool
GEMI says that user surveys showed a clear need to make the SD Planner easier to use. The organization says that the interactive web tool version delivers on that need.
Together, the tools can provide detailed, comprehensive planning to establish baseline performance, assess opportunities, set goals, develop action plans and evaluate progress toward a company’s sustainable development objectives, according to Keith Miller, manager, environmental initiatives and sustainability, 3M and co-chair of the GEMI sustainable development work group.
“GEMI’s mission is to develop tools and information that can be used by business to help them operate in a more sustainable way around the world,” said GEMI’s chair, Stan Christian, corporate director, safety and environment, Motorola, Inc. “This new software tool has been created because the members of GEMI recognize the need and opportunity for business to address environmental, economic and social issues in a way that creates business value.”
GEMI currently has 39 member companies representing more than 22 business sectors with comprised annual sales of more than $915 billion, a global headcount of more than 2.5 million, and more than 3,034 manufacturing facilities worldwide.
Energy Manager News
- Clauses to Consider in Green Leases
- Bahama Yacht Club to Generate Power from Solid Waste
- Duke Energy, USF Launch Solar Battery Research Initiative
- Energy Storage Helps Hotel Reduce Demand Charges by 10%
- EU Smart Campus Pilot Achieves 30% Energy Savings
- Uline to Operate 130 GenDrive Fuel Cell Units from Plug Power
- Los Angeles Shopping Center Installs 504 kW Solar
- SustainCo Wins $575,000 Contract for Energy Management Controls