GEMI Rolls Out Interactive Sustainable Development Tool
GEMI says that user surveys showed a clear need to make the SD Planner easier to use. The organization says that the interactive web tool version delivers on that need.
Together, the tools can provide detailed, comprehensive planning to establish baseline performance, assess opportunities, set goals, develop action plans and evaluate progress toward a company’s sustainable development objectives, according to Keith Miller, manager, environmental initiatives and sustainability, 3M and co-chair of the GEMI sustainable development work group.
“GEMI’s mission is to develop tools and information that can be used by business to help them operate in a more sustainable way around the world,” said GEMI’s chair, Stan Christian, corporate director, safety and environment, Motorola, Inc. “This new software tool has been created because the members of GEMI recognize the need and opportunity for business to address environmental, economic and social issues in a way that creates business value.”
GEMI currently has 39 member companies representing more than 22 business sectors with comprised annual sales of more than $915 billion, a global headcount of more than 2.5 million, and more than 3,034 manufacturing facilities worldwide.
Energy Manager News
- Energy Efficiency and Waste Disposal Grow Closer
- Worcester School Gets Grant to Complete LED Retrofit
- Cree Recalls Lamps
- Submissions Now Accepted for Energy Manager Today Awards
- Atlantic City Electric Rate Increase Settled; PowerAhead Funding Deferred to Phase II
- TVA Reduces Budget Requirements and Continues Investing in Cleaner Power
- Commercial Refrigeration Benefits from Efficiency and Environmental Efforts
- TechNavio Releases Commercial AC Report