GEMI Rolls Out Interactive Sustainable Development Tool
GEMI says that user surveys showed a clear need to make the SD Planner easier to use. The organization says that the interactive web tool version delivers on that need.
Together, the tools can provide detailed, comprehensive planning to establish baseline performance, assess opportunities, set goals, develop action plans and evaluate progress toward a company’s sustainable development objectives, according to Keith Miller, manager, environmental initiatives and sustainability, 3M and co-chair of the GEMI sustainable development work group.
“GEMI’s mission is to develop tools and information that can be used by business to help them operate in a more sustainable way around the world,” said GEMI’s chair, Stan Christian, corporate director, safety and environment, Motorola, Inc. “This new software tool has been created because the members of GEMI recognize the need and opportunity for business to address environmental, economic and social issues in a way that creates business value.”
GEMI currently has 39 member companies representing more than 22 business sectors with comprised annual sales of more than $915 billion, a global headcount of more than 2.5 million, and more than 3,034 manufacturing facilities worldwide.
Energy Manager News
- ERC Price Benchmark Trends Week Ending: July 22, 2016
- In Washington State, a New Rate Is Approved for Cryptocurrency Server Farms
- El Paso Electric Files Unopposed Settlement in Texas Rate Case
- PACE Financing Makes Progress but Still Encounters Opposition
- Grand View: Datacenter Cooling Market Worth $17.78B by 2024
- Idaho Opens First Solar Farm
- What You Need To Know About Green Insulation: Green Seal’s New Standard
- Obama Administration to Provide Up to $4.5 billion in Loan Guarantees for Electric Charging Stations