MeadWestvaco Gives $1 Million to Climate Change Policy Partnership
Global packaging company MeadWestvaco has pledged $1 million to support an industry-university collaboration that is working to develop policies to address the problems of global climate change, Duke reports.
The Climate Change Policy Partnership is a four-year initiative that was launched last year by Duke University and Duke Energy to pool the expertise of the university’s Nicholas Institute for Environmental Policy Solutions, Nicholas School of the Environment and Earth Sciences, and Center on Global Change with other concerned partners in the corporate and academic worlds.
MeadWestvaco’s gift will support research and policy analysis on a range of issues relating to the impact of climate change on forest resources.
Energy Manager News
- Clauses to Consider in Green Leases
- Bahama Yacht Club to Generate Power from Solid Waste
- Duke Energy, USF Launch Solar Battery Research Initiative
- Energy Storage Helps Hotel Reduce Demand Charges by 10%
- EU Smart Campus Pilot Achieves 30% Energy Savings
- Uline to Operate 130 GenDrive Fuel Cell Units from Plug Power
- Los Angeles Shopping Center Installs 504 kW Solar
- SustainCo Wins $575,000 Contract for Energy Management Controls