MeadWestvaco Gives $1 Million to Climate Change Policy Partnership
Global packaging company MeadWestvaco has pledged $1 million to support an industry-university collaboration that is working to develop policies to address the problems of global climate change, Duke reports.
The Climate Change Policy Partnership is a four-year initiative that was launched last year by Duke University and Duke Energy to pool the expertise of the university’s Nicholas Institute for Environmental Policy Solutions, Nicholas School of the Environment and Earth Sciences, and Center on Global Change with other concerned partners in the corporate and academic worlds.
MeadWestvaco’s gift will support research and policy analysis on a range of issues relating to the impact of climate change on forest resources.
Stay Up-to-Date On Environmental Management, Energy & Sustainability News with EL's Free Daily Newsletter
Energy Manager News
- Embracing New Tech Is Key to Greater Energy Savings, Say Experts
- Johnson Controls, Hitachi Appliances Launch AC JV
- Walmart Saving Money While Driving Efficiency
- Solutions to Help Reach Building Energy Management Goals
- Advanced Fans Cut Datacenter Energy Requirements
- Renew Financial Acquires FL PACE-Lender EcoCity Partners
- Solar Canopies in Maryland, California
- Increased Demand for EVs Driving Global Battery Management System Market