MeadWestvaco Gives $1 Million to Climate Change Policy Partnership
Global packaging company MeadWestvaco has pledged $1 million to support an industry-university collaboration that is working to develop policies to address the problems of global climate change, Duke reports.
The Climate Change Policy Partnership is a four-year initiative that was launched last year by Duke University and Duke Energy to pool the expertise of the university’s Nicholas Institute for Environmental Policy Solutions, Nicholas School of the Environment and Earth Sciences, and Center on Global Change with other concerned partners in the corporate and academic worlds.
MeadWestvaco’s gift will support research and policy analysis on a range of issues relating to the impact of climate change on forest resources.
Stay Up-to-Date On Environmental Management, Energy & Sustainability News with EL's Free Daily Newsletter
Energy Manager News
- Passive-House High-Rise to be Airtight
- Greensmith Offers ‘Second Opinion’ on Energy Storage Systems
- Commercial Tankless Water Heater Handles the Demands of Business
- Booz Allen, Siemens, Power Analytics Score 16 Microgrid Projects
- NH City to Save $500,000 Annually with LED Streetlights
- Australian College Uses Energy Storage
- LED Boosts Light Output 50%, Uses Existing Drivers
- Energesco Wins Energy Efficiency Contracts for Multifamily Buildings in Maryland