FedEx Adds Electric Hybrids to Denver Fleet
FedEx Corp. is adding four hybrid electric medium-duty trucks into service in Denver. The company now operates a total 93 hybrid vehicles in cities such as New York, Tampa, Sacramento and Washington, D.C.
- Decreases soot by 96 percent and smog causing emissions by 65 percent,
- Travels 57 percent farther on a gallon of fuel, reducing fuel costs by over a third, and
- Operates and performs like a conventional FedEx Express medium duty vehicle.
Energy Manager News
- Clauses to Consider in Green Leases
- Bahama Yacht Club to Generate Power from Solid Waste
- Duke Energy, USF Launch Solar Battery Research Initiative
- Energy Storage Helps Hotel Reduce Demand Charges by 10%
- EU Smart Campus Pilot Achieves 30% Energy Savings
- Uline to Operate 130 GenDrive Fuel Cell Units from Plug Power
- Los Angeles Shopping Center Installs 504 kW Solar
- SustainCo Wins $575,000 Contract for Energy Management Controls