Safeway Test-Markets Biodiesel
Safeway has been test-marketing B-20 biodiesel at one of its gas stations in Seattle, AP reports. The company has about 270 gas stations in the U.S. which offering gas discounts for shoppers who have a Safeway club card. Two more stations in the Seattle area could be the next targets for selling biodiesel.
It’s not surprising that Safeway chose the environmentally conscious Northwest to test biodiesel’s commercial viability, but it will be interesting to see results if the pilot spreads east.
Energy Manager News
- Building a Better Turbine
- Oracle and Opower to Team Up to Make Big Data Even Bigger
- Navigant: Big Growth Ahead for BMSes
- Water, Energy Steps Being Taken at 2 KY Correctional Facilities
- Western EIM Benefits Are Up to Nearly $65M with NV Energy Participation
- FirstEnergy Ohio Seeks Changes to Rate Plan to Ensure Price Stability for Customers
- Utility Data Aggregation: How to Take the Best Approach
- Making the IoT Work for Building Managers