Safeway Test-Markets Biodiesel
Safeway has been test-marketing B-20 biodiesel at one of its gas stations in Seattle, AP reports. The company has about 270 gas stations in the U.S. which offering gas discounts for shoppers who have a Safeway club card. Two more stations in the Seattle area could be the next targets for selling biodiesel.
It’s not surprising that Safeway chose the environmentally conscious Northwest to test biodiesel’s commercial viability, but it will be interesting to see results if the pilot spreads east.
Energy Manager News
- New York State’s Summer of Energy
- Chicago Church Strives for Energy Efficiency
- Small, Medium Size Commercial Building Efficiency Market to Grow
- ERC: Price Benchmark Trends Week Ending June 24, 2016
- FERC Rules Against Tri-State Fee on Local Renewable Power
- Marin Clean Energy to Reduce Rates and Expand Service Area in September
- Drama Aside, Tesla’s Acquisition of SolarCity Makes Sense
- SunPower Solar Technology Breaks 24% Energy Efficiency Mark