Safeway Test-Markets Biodiesel
Safeway has been test-marketing B-20 biodiesel at one of its gas stations in Seattle, AP reports. The company has about 270 gas stations in the U.S. which offering gas discounts for shoppers who have a Safeway club card. Two more stations in the Seattle area could be the next targets for selling biodiesel.
It’s not surprising that Safeway chose the environmentally conscious Northwest to test biodiesel’s commercial viability, but it will be interesting to see results if the pilot spreads east.
Energy Manager News
- Law Bars Energy Providers from Charging Early Termination Fees in the Event of Death
- Corporations Spend Big on Ballot Initiatives, Crushing Ratepayer Opposition
- Texas Retailer Offers Instant Rebate for Rooftop Solar, Offers High Credits for Excess Solar
- Local, State and the Federal Government Excel at Energy Efficiency
- CA, MA Tie for ACEEE Top Spot
- Integrated Dimmer/LED from Energy Focus
- In Duluth, This Month’s Utility Bills Include a Little Something Extra
- PSEG Surreptitiously Starts Retail Energy Supplier