Safeway Test-Markets Biodiesel
Safeway has been test-marketing B-20 biodiesel at one of its gas stations in Seattle, AP reports. The company has about 270 gas stations in the U.S. which offering gas discounts for shoppers who have a Safeway club card. Two more stations in the Seattle area could be the next targets for selling biodiesel.
It’s not surprising that Safeway chose the environmentally conscious Northwest to test biodiesel’s commercial viability, but it will be interesting to see results if the pilot spreads east.
Energy Manager News
- Energy Storage: It’s About the Software
- MIT Develops Promising New Battery Storage Technology
- India Launches Net-Zero Building Portal
- Companies Cooperating on Waste-to-Energy Projects
- Clean Energy Commitment in the Corporate and Local Small Business Sphere
- Xcel Asks for $90M ‘Switching Fee’ If Lubbock Utility Joins ERCOT
- EDF Sending 127 Climate Corps Fellows to 100 Organizations
- Capegemini, Siemens Working on Analytics Platform