Safeway Test-Markets Biodiesel
Safeway has been test-marketing B-20 biodiesel at one of its gas stations in Seattle, AP reports. The company has about 270 gas stations in the U.S. which offering gas discounts for shoppers who have a Safeway club card. Two more stations in the Seattle area could be the next targets for selling biodiesel.
It’s not surprising that Safeway chose the environmentally conscious Northwest to test biodiesel’s commercial viability, but it will be interesting to see results if the pilot spreads east.
Energy Manager News
- The Benefits of Continuous Insulation
- Humber College Gets Big Energy Research Funding Infusion
- Walk-In Cooler and Freezer Final Rule Released by DoE
- ERC Price Benchmark Trends Week Ending: August 26, 2016
- FirstEnergy Asks for $4.5 Billion to Stay in Ohio
- PNM Chafes at Delays, Seeks NMPRC Ruling in 2015 Rate Case
- IRS to Buildings Owners: “We’re From the Government and We’re Here to Help”
- CT Hospital, Soltage, Tenaska Unveil Solar Plant