Sprint Launches Cell Phone Recycling Campaign
More than 1,000 Keep America Beautiful affiliates and participating organizations across all 50 states could participate in the Wipe Out Wireless Waste campaign by conducting events and distributing special postage-paid mailing envelopes to encourage community members to recycle their old phones.
Sprint Nextel is giving $500 grants to the first 100 affiliates that register to participate in the campaign, awarding up to $5,000 to the top performing affiliates, donating all net proceeds from the recycling program to support community improvement and revitalization efforts through Keep America Beautiful, and contributing $200,000 in support of the Great American Cleanup.
Stay Up-to-Date On Environmental Management, Energy & Sustainability News with EL's Free Daily Newsletter
Energy Manager News
- Embracing New Tech Is Key to Greater Energy Savings, Say Experts
- SolarCity: We Have the World’s Most Efficient Rooftop Solar Panel
- Bridgestone Arena in Nashville Switches to LEDs
- Helping Building Automation Grow
- Municipalities Could Combine Small Cell and LED Upgrades
- Holistic Approach to Energy Savings in Dublin, Ohio Schools
- NYC One Step Closer to Net-Zero Energy Goal at Wastewater Treatment Plants
- ‘Better Buildings, Better Plants’ Saves $2.4B Over Five Years