Sprint Launches Cell Phone Recycling Campaign
More than 1,000 Keep America Beautiful affiliates and participating organizations across all 50 states could participate in the Wipe Out Wireless Waste campaign by conducting events and distributing special postage-paid mailing envelopes to encourage community members to recycle their old phones.
Sprint Nextel is giving $500 grants to the first 100 affiliates that register to participate in the campaign, awarding up to $5,000 to the top performing affiliates, donating all net proceeds from the recycling program to support community improvement and revitalization efforts through Keep America Beautiful, and contributing $200,000 in support of the Great American Cleanup.
Energy Manager News
- Flying High: Energy Efficiency, Renewables and Airports
- Want a Green and Energy Conscious Business? Try These Ideas
- Beazer Homes Wins Energy Star Award
- Infineon Unveils Integrated LED
- FMPA: Power Costs Expected to Dwindle 30% to 40% Within Years
- Name-Dropping: CUB and Illinois AG Say Nicor Advanced Energy Should Change Identity
- Saving Energy – In the Restroom
- UAB Getting First Solar Array