Sprint Launches Cell Phone Recycling Campaign
More than 1,000 Keep America Beautiful affiliates and participating organizations across all 50 states could participate in the Wipe Out Wireless Waste campaign by conducting events and distributing special postage-paid mailing envelopes to encourage community members to recycle their old phones.
Sprint Nextel is giving $500 grants to the first 100 affiliates that register to participate in the campaign, awarding up to $5,000 to the top performing affiliates, donating all net proceeds from the recycling program to support community improvement and revitalization efforts through Keep America Beautiful, and contributing $200,000 in support of the Great American Cleanup.
Energy Manager News
- Dynegy Files to Move Illinois Into ‘Single, Competitive Power Market’
- IRRC Jettisons Pennsylvania PUC’s Controversial Cap on Net Metering
- Energy Storage: It’s About the Software
- MIT Develops Promising New Battery Storage Technology
- India Launches Net-Zero Building Portal
- Companies Cooperating on Waste-to-Energy Projects
- Clean Energy Commitment in the Corporate and Local Small Business Sphere
- Xcel Asks for $90M ‘Switching Fee’ If Lubbock Utility Joins ERCOT