Toro to Market Biodiesel Mower
In addition, new diesel-to-biodiesel conversion kits that range from about $30 to $500 will be available in June. Toro’s new turf equipment will be delivered to commercial customers in 2008.
The equiptment runs on B-20 and is branded as “Biodiesel Ready.” Vehicles that run solely on biodiesel fuel could be on the market as early as 2009, said Steve Wood, Toro’s biodiesel project manager.
The company is initially approaching golf courses. Municipalities and sports field managers could become the next target market.
Stay Up-to-Date On Environmental Management, Energy & Sustainability News with EL's Free Daily Newsletter
Energy Manager News
- Passive-House High-Rise to be Airtight
- Greensmith Offers ‘Second Opinion’ on Energy Storage Systems
- Commercial Tankless Water Heater Handles the Demands of Business
- Booz Allen, Siemens, Power Analytics Score 16 Microgrid Projects
- NH City to Save $500,000 Annually with LED Streetlights
- Australian College Uses Energy Storage
- LED Boosts Light Output 50%, Uses Existing Drivers
- Energesco Wins Energy Efficiency Contracts for Multifamily Buildings in Maryland