Infinity Property & Casualty Joins PHH GreenFleet
This year, Infinity replaced the approximately 400 sport utility vehicles in its fleet with more fuel efficient Jeep Compasses. By making this change, Infinity expects to reduce annual fleet operating costs by approximately 10 percent, improve fuel economy by 25 percent, and reduce greenhouse gas emissions by over 16 percent. More than half of these vehicles will be located in California, Infinity’s largest market.
Infinity has developed a greenhouse gas baseline and, in addition to replacing its entire fleet with more fuel efficient vehicles, has purchased greenhouse gas offsets for the remaining emissions.
PHH GreenFleet says its program is designed to help companies measure, reduce, and offset their greenhouse gas emissions. Participation includes: in-depth analysis and recommendations to improve efficiency and reduce greenhouse gas emissions; quarterly measurement and reporting of emissions; and resources to offset remaining emissions.
Energy Manager News
- Behind the Meter Podcast: Keys to Energy Efficient Air Filtration
- Tracking the Exciting World of Solar Energy Research
- Colorado Mixing Solar, Weatherization
- Lighting Sector: 4% CAGR Through 2020
- ERC Price Benchmark Trends Week Ending: August 19, 2016
- New Hampshire Town Resists Door-to-Door Sales
- Minnesota Commerce Department Challenges Otter Tail Power Rate Hike
- An Interesting Summer for PACE