Another Report Criticizes Carbon Offset Programs
Besides the usual objections to offset programs, it also explores how “projects that look great on the website or in the leaflet are often, in practice, mismanaged, ineffective or detrimental to the local communities who have to endure them.”
For instance, it looks at aproject that has come under criticism that saw rock band Coldplay offset the launch of one of its albums by paying the Carbon Neutral Company to manage a mango tree plantation in India.
The study is extremely partisan, according to Green Business News, but any company that has purchased offsets or is considering a purchase should read it -? at least to be aware of the counter arguments.
Energy Manager News
- Tesla’s Battery Storage Device Put to Use. Time to Exhale?
- Variable Speed Drives are a Powerful Efficiency Tool
- Veolia Checks Into the UK’s Tallest Hotel
- Massachusetts Aims for Critical Care Resiliency
- State of Michigan and MISO Propose Retail Capacity Charge
- Breaking the Ice with Thermal Energy Storage
- Ameresco to Upgrade Federal Prison in Butner, NC
- Alpen Introduces Window Package Rated at R10 Insulation