Google, Gap, Others Pledge to Reduce Emissions
Google, Gap, Pacific Gas & Electric and other companies have joined the Business Council on Climate Change (PDF), a coalition of San Francisco Bay Area businesses that promise to report and reduce carbon emissions, share the best green practices and advocate for policies to address global warming, Associated Press reports.
The BC3 coalition, which is seeking more members, is being organized by the Bay Area Council, city of San Francisco and UN Global Compact, which plans to promote the business-led initiative as a model for other cities and businesses worldwide.
Energy Manager News
- LEED v4 is Ready to Take Center Stage
- Honeywell Upgrading Energy, Water Systems at The University of Mount Olive
- Three Boston Area Organizations Jointly Buying Solar Energy
- Insider ‘Outs’ Misleading Strategy Behind Florida’s Solar Amendment 1
- Mississippi Watchdog: Kemper Syngas Operations Could Raise Costs by 288%
- Waste-to-Energy Shows Growth in New Jersey, Maine and Florida
- Zen Ecosystems Introduces Zen HQ
- Flywheel Platform Introduced by GE