Grameen Offsets Employee Air Travel
Grameen Foundation, a global microfinance organization has purchased carbon offsets from Climate Trust for employee and contractor air travel during 2006.
Air travel is the largest contributor to Grameen Foundation’s carbon footprint, and it has given The Climate Trust a check for $11,067, the amount required to offset the carbon dioxide generated by four million miles of air travel. Employees, contractors and volunteers of the Foundation, which has offices in Washington D.C. and Seattle, travel extensively to support microfinance counterparts in countries including the Dominican Republic, India, Morocco, and Nigeria.
Stay Up-to-Date On Environmental Management, Energy & Sustainability News with EL's Free Daily Newsletter
Energy Manager News
- LAX Commissions New $438M Central Utilities Plant
- International Paper Receives Trucked Compressed Natural Gas
- Housing Authority Signs ESPC with Ameresco
- Solar Installed at USDA Buildings
- Eaton Supports 6.3 MW Hospital Solar Installation in New Jersey
- UK Grocery Store Chain Gives Refrigerators an Energy Savings Turbo Boost
- ATG Designs 120-watt LED Fixture for Gas Station Canopies
- Schneider Electric Launches PowerLogic PM8000 Line of Meters