Grameen Offsets Employee Air Travel
Grameen Foundation, a global microfinance organization has purchased carbon offsets from Climate Trust for employee and contractor air travel during 2006.
Air travel is the largest contributor to Grameen Foundation’s carbon footprint, and it has given The Climate Trust a check for $11,067, the amount required to offset the carbon dioxide generated by four million miles of air travel. Employees, contractors and volunteers of the Foundation, which has offices in Washington D.C. and Seattle, travel extensively to support microfinance counterparts in countries including the Dominican Republic, India, Morocco, and Nigeria.
Energy Manager News
- Microgrids, Now Mainstream, Continue to Advance
- Developing Economies Increasing their Share of Renewable Capacity
- LG Chem In Big German Battery Project
- ERC: Electricity Price Trends for the Week Ending Nov. 20
- PUCO: ‘Fixed Means Fixed’ in Retail Contracts
- FERC Requires Reports on Price Formation
- Viridian Energy Moves into Texas Market
- PUC Approves PPL’s 6.1% Rate Hike