Grameen Offsets Employee Air Travel
Grameen Foundation, a global microfinance organization has purchased carbon offsets from Climate Trust for employee and contractor air travel during 2006.
Air travel is the largest contributor to Grameen Foundation’s carbon footprint, and it has given The Climate Trust a check for $11,067, the amount required to offset the carbon dioxide generated by four million miles of air travel. Employees, contractors and volunteers of the Foundation, which has offices in Washington D.C. and Seattle, travel extensively to support microfinance counterparts in countries including the Dominican Republic, India, Morocco, and Nigeria.
Stay Up-to-Date On Environmental Management, Energy & Sustainability News with EL's Free Daily Newsletter
Energy Manager News
- Bridgewater, MA, Gets $231,000 Efficiency Grant
- Biomass Group Studies Role in Clean Power Plan
- Rockleigh Borough Installing LEDs, Low Energy AC
- PHG to Build Big Gasification Plant for Sevier Solid Waste
- Energy Profile of Commercial Buildings Changing
- Smart Meter Market Surging
- Modular Data Centers Cut Construction Costs
- Failure to Build Energy Infrastructure Could Cost New England $5.4B