Grameen Offsets Employee Air Travel
Grameen Foundation, a global microfinance organization has purchased carbon offsets from Climate Trust for employee and contractor air travel during 2006.
Air travel is the largest contributor to Grameen Foundation’s carbon footprint, and it has given The Climate Trust a check for $11,067, the amount required to offset the carbon dioxide generated by four million miles of air travel. Employees, contractors and volunteers of the Foundation, which has offices in Washington D.C. and Seattle, travel extensively to support microfinance counterparts in countries including the Dominican Republic, India, Morocco, and Nigeria.
Energy Manager News
- ERC: Electricity Price Trends for the Week Ending May 22
- Future Is Bright for Solar at Stanford
- Noresco Named Qualified Energy Performance Contractor in New Mexico
- Home Depot Sells Cree LED Flood Light for $9.97
- Professional Laundering Facility Installs Cogeneration
- PowerWise Offers Web Controls for Mini-Split Heat Pumps
- DOE Spends $32M to Boost Solar Workforce Training, Technology Innovation
- Trane Partners with Telkonet for Hotel Industry