Grameen Offsets Employee Air Travel
Grameen Foundation, a global microfinance organization has purchased carbon offsets from Climate Trust for employee and contractor air travel during 2006.
Air travel is the largest contributor to Grameen Foundation’s carbon footprint, and it has given The Climate Trust a check for $11,067, the amount required to offset the carbon dioxide generated by four million miles of air travel. Employees, contractors and volunteers of the Foundation, which has offices in Washington D.C. and Seattle, travel extensively to support microfinance counterparts in countries including the Dominican Republic, India, Morocco, and Nigeria.
Energy Manager News
- Tesla’s Battery Storage Device Put to Use. Time to Exhale?
- Variable Speed Drives are a Powerful Efficiency Tool
- Veolia Checks Into the UK’s Tallest Hotel
- Massachusetts Aims for Critical Care Resiliency
- State of Michigan and MISO Propose Retail Capacity Charge
- Breaking the Ice with Thermal Energy Storage
- Ameresco to Upgrade Federal Prison in Butner, NC
- Alpen Introduces Window Package Rated at R10 Insulation