Starbucks Releases Corporate Social Responsibility Report
Starbucks Coffee has released its 2006 Corporate Social Responsibility Annual Report (PDF). The company is releasing two versions of it. The abridged version is available now on the company’s CSR page and focuses on “Starbucks most material issues identified through an extensive assessment of the important issues to stakeholders and to Starbucks.” A comprehensive version of the report will be available on March 21.
In fiscal 2007, Starbucks says it will launch three initiatives designed to improve the energy and environmental performance in its stores. These include:
• Working with the U.S. Green building Council to develop LEED standards for the retail sector to set out best practices for environmentally sound design of new stores, and provide a basis for third-party certification to ensure the standards are met. in 2007 Starbucks says it will complete its participation in the pilot of these standards.
• Using a representative sample of stores as a “test bed” to monitor energy and water usage to determine conservation opportunities.
• Providing approximately 350 store managers in six regions with “resource report cards” that give feedback on store energy and water use, as well as trend data and comparisons to benchmark operations. the goal of this program is to help partners identify ways to use water and energy more efficiently and reduce costs.
Stay Up-to-Date On Environmental Management, Energy & Sustainability News with EL's Free Daily Newsletter
Energy Manager News
- Technology Creates a Brighter Future for Small and Mid-Sized Commercial Solar Investments
- Incentive Program Helps Companies Afford Energy Managers
- ARPA-E Issues Grants for Solar Modules
- C-PACE Financing Innovation to Help Connecticut Green Energy Sector
- Orion Wins School District Contracts, Increases Chances for Incentives
- Study: Smartest ‘Smart Building’ Owners Come from Retail, Manufacturing, Construction
- Low Cost IoT Solutions, Data Driven Analytics to Propel Energy Mgmt Market
- A Clean Energy Future in Sight