Lawson Markets Software to Manage CSR Programs
Lawson Software has launched a new initiative to provide organizations and companies software-based options to help them manage their environmental and social programs.
“In many cases, there’s a clear bottom-line benefit to these corporate social responsibility programs – it’s not just a feel-good exercise,” said Lawson Vice President Jeff Frank. “However, a study by AMR Research shows that companies are not managing their corporate citizenship efforts in any kind of comprehensive way, and we believe Lawson is in a strong position to help.”
According to Lawson, AMRs survey of 150 individuals in mid-size and large companies in Europe and North America found that more than seven in 10 plan to use IT to manage corporate responsibility initiatives within the next two years.
“Less than a third of the respondents are using their ERP systems to help them manage these big challenges, yet because they are integrated and enterprise-wide, ERP systems can sensibly form the foundation for managing to environmental and social business objectives,” said Nigel Montgomery, research director at AMR Research, according to Lawson.
Lawson expects to package pre-configured Lawson applications and its Lawson Business Intelligence suite with implementation methodologies specific to environmental or social programs. Lawson has mapped all its current products against the more than 100 indicators identified by the Global Reporting Initiative.
Energy Manager News
- Tesla’s Battery Storage Device Put to Use. Time to Exhale?
- Variable Speed Drives are a Powerful Efficiency Tool
- Veolia Checks Into the UK’s Tallest Hotel
- Massachusetts Aims for Critical Care Resiliency
- State of Michigan and MISO Propose Retail Capacity Charge
- Breaking the Ice with Thermal Energy Storage
- Ameresco to Upgrade Federal Prison in Butner, NC
- Alpen Introduces Window Package Rated at R10 Insulation