Expedia Launches Offset Program for Corporate Travelers
Expedia Corporate Travel says it will be the first global corporate travel agency to roll out a carbon offset program to its corporate travel customers. The company has partnered with TerraPass on the program, which will start in April. Through it, businesses can both calculate the amount of carbon dioxide their employees’ business travel creates and buy the corresponding amount of carbon offsets to balance it. Expedia Corporate Travel says it will also make its own travel program carbon neutral by the end of the year through the purchase of carbon offsets.
Customers can choose from five individual TerraPass products enabling travel managers to create corporate travel policies that allow individual travelers to purchase carbon offsets as they book, based on pounds of carbon dioxide offset and mileage. Customers may also opt to purchase an enterprise size green company package that will offset all emissions generated by the airline travel of their entire company over a given period of time..
Expedia and TerraPass launched a similiar program for consumers last year.
Energy Manager News
- The Evolution of Customer Renewable Energy Choice
- Target, adidas, Walmart Honored for Efficient Roof-Top Units
- Rising Tide of Energy Storage Floats all Boats
- Better Buildings Alliance Launches Indoor Lighting Campaign for Commercial Buildings
- Scaling of Energy Storage Market Hinges on ESSI Vendors
- CalCom Solar to Deploy 1.1MW at Dairy
- Raritan Combines DCIM, IT Management for Data Centers
- Army to Save $113M Over 19 Years with CHP Plant