Yakima Goes 100% Carbon Neutral, Plans Marketing Campaign
Yakima, a manufacturer of vehicle racks, has launched Planet Payback, a company-wide initiative that will offset the carbon footprint of all operations, products and their distribution, as well as Yakima’s field marketing team. Its remaining corporate activities will become carbon neutral by third quarter 2007.
Yakima will offset the carbon footprint of all products sold into retail and will offer consumers the opportunity to designate which types of carbon offset programs they would like Yakima to support, by registering their purchases online. When the program launches, a stand-alone website at www.yakimapayback.com will provide information, tips on how consumers can reduce their personal carbon footprint and a carbon calculator.
Additional marketing support includes Yakima Carbon Neutral stickers on all packaging, as well as a variety of point-of-purchase materials for retailers’ in-store use. The program will be supported with advertising in Backpacker, Bicycling and Outside magazines.
Carbonfund.org is Yakima’s offset provider.
Energy Manager News
- Quality Power, Not Just Power, Should be the Goal
- Siemens Unveils Microgrid-as-a-Service Platform
- 18 Buildings Going Solar in D.C.
- ERC: Electricity Price Trends for the Week Ending Feb. 5
- At QER Roundtable, EPSA Recommends Competitive Pricing Improvements
- EPA Undeterred by Supreme Court’s Delay of Clean Power Plan
- Lux: Google, Amazon Emissions Claims Inaccurate
- FIU Again Tops in Energy Efficiency