Yakima Goes 100% Carbon Neutral, Plans Marketing Campaign
Yakima, a manufacturer of vehicle racks, has launched Planet Payback, a company-wide initiative that will offset the carbon footprint of all operations, products and their distribution, as well as Yakima’s field marketing team. Its remaining corporate activities will become carbon neutral by third quarter 2007.
Yakima will offset the carbon footprint of all products sold into retail and will offer consumers the opportunity to designate which types of carbon offset programs they would like Yakima to support, by registering their purchases online. When the program launches, a stand-alone website at www.yakimapayback.com will provide information, tips on how consumers can reduce their personal carbon footprint and a carbon calculator.
Additional marketing support includes Yakima Carbon Neutral stickers on all packaging, as well as a variety of point-of-purchase materials for retailers’ in-store use. The program will be supported with advertising in Backpacker, Bicycling and Outside magazines.
Carbonfund.org is Yakima’s offset provider.
Energy Manager News
- Clauses to Consider in Green Leases
- Bahama Yacht Club to Generate Power from Solid Waste
- Duke Energy, USF Launch Solar Battery Research Initiative
- Energy Storage Helps Hotel Reduce Demand Charges by 10%
- EU Smart Campus Pilot Achieves 30% Energy Savings
- Uline to Operate 130 GenDrive Fuel Cell Units from Plug Power
- Los Angeles Shopping Center Installs 504 kW Solar
- SustainCo Wins $575,000 Contract for Energy Management Controls