Yakima Goes 100% Carbon Neutral, Plans Marketing Campaign
Yakima, a manufacturer of vehicle racks, has launched Planet Payback, a company-wide initiative that will offset the carbon footprint of all operations, products and their distribution, as well as Yakima’s field marketing team. Its remaining corporate activities will become carbon neutral by third quarter 2007.
Yakima will offset the carbon footprint of all products sold into retail and will offer consumers the opportunity to designate which types of carbon offset programs they would like Yakima to support, by registering their purchases online. When the program launches, a stand-alone website at www.yakimapayback.com will provide information, tips on how consumers can reduce their personal carbon footprint and a carbon calculator.
Additional marketing support includes Yakima Carbon Neutral stickers on all packaging, as well as a variety of point-of-purchase materials for retailers’ in-store use. The program will be supported with advertising in Backpacker, Bicycling and Outside magazines.
Carbonfund.org is Yakima’s offset provider.
Stay Up-to-Date On Environmental Management, Energy & Sustainability News with EL's Free Daily Newsletter
Energy Manager News
- Passive-House High-Rise to be Airtight
- Greensmith Offers ‘Second Opinion’ on Energy Storage Systems
- Commercial Tankless Water Heater Handles the Demands of Business
- Booz Allen, Siemens, Power Analytics Score 16 Microgrid Projects
- NH City to Save $500,000 Annually with LED Streetlights
- Australian College Uses Energy Storage
- LED Boosts Light Output 50%, Uses Existing Drivers
- Energesco Wins Energy Efficiency Contracts for Multifamily Buildings in Maryland