Yakima Goes 100% Carbon Neutral, Plans Marketing Campaign
Yakima, a manufacturer of vehicle racks, has launched Planet Payback, a company-wide initiative that will offset the carbon footprint of all operations, products and their distribution, as well as Yakima’s field marketing team. Its remaining corporate activities will become carbon neutral by third quarter 2007.
Yakima will offset the carbon footprint of all products sold into retail and will offer consumers the opportunity to designate which types of carbon offset programs they would like Yakima to support, by registering their purchases online. When the program launches, a stand-alone website at www.yakimapayback.com will provide information, tips on how consumers can reduce their personal carbon footprint and a carbon calculator.
Additional marketing support includes Yakima Carbon Neutral stickers on all packaging, as well as a variety of point-of-purchase materials for retailers’ in-store use. The program will be supported with advertising in Backpacker, Bicycling and Outside magazines.
Carbonfund.org is Yakima’s offset provider.
Energy Manager News
- Capegemini, Siemens Working on Analytics Platform
- Fulham Retrofit Kits EPA Approved
- Brookings Study: Net Metering Offers Cost Benefits to All Utility Customers
- Window Films: Low Hanging Fruit for Efficiency Gains
- Some Insurance Companies Invested Too Heavily in Fossil Fuels, says Ceres
- Apple Defends 100% Renewable Energy Claim
- Ontario Investing $900M in Affordable Housing
- ERC: Price Benchmark Trends Week Ending May 20, 2016