Yakima Goes 100% Carbon Neutral, Plans Marketing Campaign
Yakima, a manufacturer of vehicle racks, has launched Planet Payback, a company-wide initiative that will offset the carbon footprint of all operations, products and their distribution, as well as Yakima’s field marketing team. Its remaining corporate activities will become carbon neutral by third quarter 2007.
Yakima will offset the carbon footprint of all products sold into retail and will offer consumers the opportunity to designate which types of carbon offset programs they would like Yakima to support, by registering their purchases online. When the program launches, a stand-alone website at www.yakimapayback.com will provide information, tips on how consumers can reduce their personal carbon footprint and a carbon calculator.
Additional marketing support includes Yakima Carbon Neutral stickers on all packaging, as well as a variety of point-of-purchase materials for retailers’ in-store use. The program will be supported with advertising in Backpacker, Bicycling and Outside magazines.
Carbonfund.org is Yakima’s offset provider.
Energy Manager News
- Energy-as-a-Service: Charting a Path Through Complexity
- Demand Energy, EnerSys Complete Storage Project
- Lunera Intros Pathway and Entryway LED
- FPL to Buy and Phase Out Coal-Powered Plant, Saving Customers $129M
- Environmental, Health and Safety Software Moves Forward
- Johnson Controls: Interest, Investment in Energy Efficiency Up
- First-Ever Statewide Endorsement of Retail Supplier, by Delaware, Goes to Direct Energy
- Oberlin, Ohio, Ratepayers to Receive $2.2M in Rebates for Sale of RECs