Magazine Industry Launches Recycling Campaign
Magazine Publishers of America have launched an initiative to get readers to recycle their magazines.
The campaign consists of two logos that will begin appearing on magazines later this year. One logo says: “Please Recycle This Magazine.”
The other logo adds a second message: “Please Remove Samples or Inserts Before Recycling.” This logo would be used in issues of magazines that include CDs, samples, or other non-paper inserts that can make it harder to recycle the magazine. MPA will recommend that the logo is located in each issue of MPA-member publications in a consistent and easy-to-find position such as the masthead or at the bottom of the table of contents.
Speaking at a recent conference, Nina Link, president and CEO of MPA, also urged the magazine industry to use more certified paper in its magazines. “Certified paper is harvested in a responsible and sustainable way,” she noted. “That will keep the forests healthy and strong for generations to come. There are several credible certification programs available to paper manufacturers and we need to let our suppliers know that this is a priority for our industry.”
Energy Manager News
- Clauses to Consider in Green Leases
- Bahama Yacht Club to Generate Power from Solid Waste
- Duke Energy, USF Launch Solar Battery Research Initiative
- Energy Storage Helps Hotel Reduce Demand Charges by 10%
- EU Smart Campus Pilot Achieves 30% Energy Savings
- Uline to Operate 130 GenDrive Fuel Cell Units from Plug Power
- Los Angeles Shopping Center Installs 504 kW Solar
- SustainCo Wins $575,000 Contract for Energy Management Controls