Magazine Industry Launches Recycling Campaign
Magazine Publishers of America have launched an initiative to get readers to recycle their magazines.
The campaign consists of two logos that will begin appearing on magazines later this year. One logo says: “Please Recycle This Magazine.”
The other logo adds a second message: “Please Remove Samples or Inserts Before Recycling.” This logo would be used in issues of magazines that include CDs, samples, or other non-paper inserts that can make it harder to recycle the magazine. MPA will recommend that the logo is located in each issue of MPA-member publications in a consistent and easy-to-find position such as the masthead or at the bottom of the table of contents.
Speaking at a recent conference, Nina Link, president and CEO of MPA, also urged the magazine industry to use more certified paper in its magazines. “Certified paper is harvested in a responsible and sustainable way,” she noted. “That will keep the forests healthy and strong for generations to come. There are several credible certification programs available to paper manufacturers and we need to let our suppliers know that this is a priority for our industry.”
Stay Up-to-Date On Environmental Management, Energy & Sustainability News with EL's Free Daily Newsletter
Energy Manager News
- Technology Creates a Brighter Future for Small and Mid-Sized Commercial Solar Investments
- Incentive Program Helps Companies Afford Energy Managers
- ARPA-E Issues Grants for Solar Modules
- C-PACE Financing Innovation to Help Connecticut Green Energy Sector
- Orion Wins School District Contracts, Increases Chances for Incentives
- Study: Smartest ‘Smart Building’ Owners Come from Retail, Manufacturing, Construction
- Low Cost IoT Solutions, Data Driven Analytics to Propel Energy Mgmt Market
- A Clean Energy Future in Sight