Magazine Industry Launches Recycling Campaign
Magazine Publishers of America have launched an initiative to get readers to recycle their magazines.
The campaign consists of two logos that will begin appearing on magazines later this year. One logo says: “Please Recycle This Magazine.”
The other logo adds a second message: “Please Remove Samples or Inserts Before Recycling.” This logo would be used in issues of magazines that include CDs, samples, or other non-paper inserts that can make it harder to recycle the magazine. MPA will recommend that the logo is located in each issue of MPA-member publications in a consistent and easy-to-find position such as the masthead or at the bottom of the table of contents.
Speaking at a recent conference, Nina Link, president and CEO of MPA, also urged the magazine industry to use more certified paper in its magazines. “Certified paper is harvested in a responsible and sustainable way,” she noted. “That will keep the forests healthy and strong for generations to come. There are several credible certification programs available to paper manufacturers and we need to let our suppliers know that this is a priority for our industry.”
Energy Manager News
- Better Buildings, Better Plants: 12 Success Stories
- CA Governor Signs Bill Clarifying PACE Disclosures
- CA School District to Get 73% of Energy From Solar Carports
- Two Critical Questions to Ask Yourself About Your Current Energy Contract
- Pepco and Exelon Say Customers Have Benefitted$440 Million Since Merger
- ICC Issues Stringent Consumer Protection Rules For Retail Electric Suppliers
- Tesla’s Battery Storage Device Put to Use. Time to Exhale?
- Variable Speed Drives are a Powerful Efficiency Tool