Edwards Campaign Goes Carbon Neutral
John Edwards is making his campaign carbon neutral. The Edwards campaign will offset the carbon emitted by Edwards and his staff’s campaign travel, and the energy used in his campaign headquarters and field offices.
The campaign says it’s taking the following steps to conserve energy:
- Using timers and motion detectors to control lights and shut down office equipment when not in use
- Online monitoring and management of heating and air conditioning to conserve energy.
- Buying 100 percent post-consumer recycled paper and other recycled paper products.
- Recycling paper, plastic, glass, cardboard, and other products.
- Encouraging staff to adopt energy efficient practices in their office and homes.
- After conserving energy, the campaign will purchase carbon offsets to make it carbon neutral.
Energy Manager News
- 30 Environmental Advocacy Groups Call on NARUC for Holistic Rate-Setting Guidelines
- New York State’s Summer of Energy
- Chicago Church Strives for Energy Efficiency
- Small, Medium Size Commercial Building Efficiency Market to Grow
- ERC: Price Benchmark Trends Week Ending June 24, 2016
- FERC Rules Against Tri-State Fee on Local Renewable Power
- Marin Clean Energy to Reduce Rates and Expand Service Area in September
- Drama Aside, Tesla’s Acquisition of SolarCity Makes Sense