Edwards Campaign Goes Carbon Neutral
John Edwards is making his campaign carbon neutral. The Edwards campaign will offset the carbon emitted by Edwards and his staff’s campaign travel, and the energy used in his campaign headquarters and field offices.
The campaign says it’s taking the following steps to conserve energy:
- Using timers and motion detectors to control lights and shut down office equipment when not in use
- Online monitoring and management of heating and air conditioning to conserve energy.
- Buying 100 percent post-consumer recycled paper and other recycled paper products.
- Recycling paper, plastic, glass, cardboard, and other products.
- Encouraging staff to adopt energy efficient practices in their office and homes.
- After conserving energy, the campaign will purchase carbon offsets to make it carbon neutral.
Energy Manager News
- New Energy Efficiency Law Could be Boon for HVAC Industry
- Black & Veatch World Headquarters Microgrid
- Caterpillar, First Solar Join to Develop Microgrids
- Hospital Reduces Energy 12%
- Cree LEDs Light 42-Campus Toledo Public School District
- Soraa Offers LED with Wireless Control
- States Use Energy Resource Permanent Funds for Various Purposes
- One Man’s Experience with Engaging Building Operators