Walkwire to Offset PCs Deployed at Client Hotels
Walkwire, a provider of automated lobby PCs, business centers and boarding pass PCs for the hospitality industry says it’s offsetting its own energy consumption as well as the energy consumed by every new PC that the company deploys in its client’s hotel properties.
“We’re in the business of providing critical guest amenities,” said Gregor Gomory, Director of Sales and Green Business Initiatives at Walkwire, “and recent studies show that the vast majority of hotel guests want to know that hotels are operating in an environmentally – conscious way. Today’s travelers want to stay connected and they truly appreciate hotels with a commitment to going green. Why not make it that much easier for our client hotels by offsetting the carbon footprint of our products?”
Working with Carbonfund.org to offset their emissions and fight global warming is just one of several environmental initiatives that Walkwire says it has undertaken. “We have always used recycled paper and soy-based inksA?AA¢AA¢aAA¬A?AA¦remember we’re in San Francisco,” jokes Gomory, “but we also base our product choices on recyclibility and use computers and peripherals that are recyclable, energy efficient and extremely well made.”
Energy Manager News
- Mohegan Sun Pocono Casino Doesn’t Consider Cogeneration a Gamble
- Clean Power Plan: Obama’s Team Confident About Pitch to Supreme Court
- BuildingIQ Introduces Managed Services
- Solar Power Breakthrough Near?
- Battery Storage Giving Businesses a Break
- Could Ratepayers Foot the Bill for New Hampshire’s Pipelines?
- CenterPoint to Acquire Continuum’s Retail Energy Services Division
- LED Projects Must Be Carefully Planned