ConEd Launches Go Green for St. Patrick’s Day Campaign
Green power purchased from ConEdison by commercial, industrial and government energy users consists of NewWind Energy wind power, a product of Community Energy.
For New York residential customers, green power costs approximately one cent more per kilowatt-hour than ConEdison’s standard offer. For a typical residential customer using 350 kilowatt-hours of electricity per month, the additional cost is approximately $3.50 per month for the wind/hydropower blend than standard electricity rates, according to ConEd. For those customers who choose 100% wind power, the price would be $8.75 more per month. New York State tax is eliminated on the delivery portion of utility bills for ConEd customers.
Stay Up-to-Date On Environmental Management, Energy & Sustainability News with EL's Free Daily Newsletter
Energy Manager News
- Bridgewater, MA, Gets $231,000 Efficiency Grant
- Biomass Group Studies Role in Clean Power Plan
- Rockleigh Borough Installing LEDs, Low Energy AC
- PHG to Build Big Gasification Plant for Sevier Solid Waste
- Energy Profile of Commercial Buildings Changing
- Smart Meter Market Surging
- Modular Data Centers Cut Construction Costs
- Failure to Build Energy Infrastructure Could Cost New England $5.4B