ConEd Launches Go Green for St. Patrick’s Day Campaign
Green power purchased from ConEdison by commercial, industrial and government energy users consists of NewWind Energy wind power, a product of Community Energy.
For New York residential customers, green power costs approximately one cent more per kilowatt-hour than ConEdison’s standard offer. For a typical residential customer using 350 kilowatt-hours of electricity per month, the additional cost is approximately $3.50 per month for the wind/hydropower blend than standard electricity rates, according to ConEd. For those customers who choose 100% wind power, the price would be $8.75 more per month. New York State tax is eliminated on the delivery portion of utility bills for ConEd customers.
Energy Manager News
- BMW Tests Fuel-Cell Car
- Researchers Develop Cell that Can Store Solar at Night
- Energy Efficiency Program Saves Texas College $4.4M
- White Efficiency Poses Challenge for Solid-State Lighting
- Senators National Energy Policy Vision Leads to a Hopeful Future
- Google Builds Data Center on Site of Old Coal Plant
- EPA Honors 3 Facilities for Combined Heat and Power
- Cheese Factory Installs Anaerobic Digestion