Cutting Through The Branding Noise Surrounding Global Warming
Soon there will be millions of consumers looking for ways to do their part to curb global warming. Branding noise and clutter vis-a-vis global warming will be almost as overwhelming as the issue itself. If you want your brand to own a piece of the solution, get on it now, AdAge reports (via Base Camp). It’s going to get very crowded very quickly.
Here are four rules from Allen Adamson, managing director of Landor’s New York office and author of BrandSimple, for any organization getting ready to take on the cause:
Make It Simple – Consumers must be able to immediately understand how your brand is going to help them help the planet.
Take a Long-Term View – Invest legitimate amounts of time and money into looking at ways your brand can make a legitimate and sustainable difference. But be realistic. You’ve got a business to run.
Ensure Your Efforts Align with Existing Brand Equity – If there isn’t some natural connection, don’t play.
Make Sure It’s Authentic – As consumers become wiser to the issue, any disingenuous behavior is going to be transparent.
Stay Up-to-Date On Environmental Management, Energy & Sustainability News with EL's Free Daily Newsletter
Energy Manager News
- Tesla Becoming a Major Player in the Energy Storage Market
- Federal Agencies Must Use eProject Builder for All ESPC Projects
- Refrigeration Battery Works as Energy Storage
- 400 kW Fuel Cell System Powers Comcast Facility
- City Picks UtilityTRX for Utility Bill Management
- FridgeWize Unveils HVAC EC Motors
- Aztec AMC Modular HVAC system Reduces Data Center Cooling Costs
- Verismic Does Remote PC Power Management