HP Releases Global Citizenship Report
HP’s FY06 Global Citizenship Report is now available on the company’s website.
According to ReportAlert , HP’s major global citizenship accomplishments in 2006 include:
- A climate change initiative with World Wildlife Fund (WWF) to strengthen action on climate change through education and outreach, provide funding and technology to advance climate change science, and reduce carbon dioxide emissions related to energy use.
- Two capability building projects for suppliers: the Focused Improvement Supplier Initiative in China and the Central Europe Supplier Responsibility Project.
- Progress towards HP’s goal of recycling 1 billion pounds of computer hardware and print cartridges by the end of 2007, by recycling 165 million pounds and bringing the company’s cumulative total to 920 million pounds.
Stay Up-to-Date On Environmental Management, Energy & Sustainability News with EL's Free Daily Newsletter
Energy Manager News
- Passive-House High-Rise to be Airtight
- Greensmith Offers ‘Second Opinion’ on Energy Storage Systems
- Commercial Tankless Water Heater Handles the Demands of Business
- Booz Allen, Siemens, Power Analytics Score 16 Microgrid Projects
- NH City to Save $500,000 Annually with LED Streetlights
- Australian College Uses Energy Storage
- LED Boosts Light Output 50%, Uses Existing Drivers
- Energesco Wins Energy Efficiency Contracts for Multifamily Buildings in Maryland