HP Releases Global Citizenship Report
HP’s FY06 Global Citizenship Report is now available on the company’s website.
According to ReportAlert , HP’s major global citizenship accomplishments in 2006 include:
- A climate change initiative with World Wildlife Fund (WWF) to strengthen action on climate change through education and outreach, provide funding and technology to advance climate change science, and reduce carbon dioxide emissions related to energy use.
- Two capability building projects for suppliers: the Focused Improvement Supplier Initiative in China and the Central Europe Supplier Responsibility Project.
- Progress towards HP’s goal of recycling 1 billion pounds of computer hardware and print cartridges by the end of 2007, by recycling 165 million pounds and bringing the company’s cumulative total to 920 million pounds.
Energy Manager News
- Clean Energy Commitment in the Corporate and Local Small Business Sphere
- MIT Develops Promising New Battery Storage Technology
- Xcel Asks for $90M ‘Switching Fee’ If Lubbock Utility Joins ERCOT
- EDF Sending 127 Climate Corps Fellows to 100 Organizations
- Capegemini, Siemens Working on Analytics Platform
- Fulham Retrofit Kits EPA Approved
- Brookings Study: Net Metering Offers Cost Benefits to All Utility Customers
- Window Films: Low Hanging Fruit for Efficiency Gains