HP Releases Global Citizenship Report
HP’s FY06 Global Citizenship Report is now available on the company’s website.
According to ReportAlert , HP’s major global citizenship accomplishments in 2006 include:
- A climate change initiative with World Wildlife Fund (WWF) to strengthen action on climate change through education and outreach, provide funding and technology to advance climate change science, and reduce carbon dioxide emissions related to energy use.
- Two capability building projects for suppliers: the Focused Improvement Supplier Initiative in China and the Central Europe Supplier Responsibility Project.
- Progress towards HP’s goal of recycling 1 billion pounds of computer hardware and print cartridges by the end of 2007, by recycling 165 million pounds and bringing the company’s cumulative total to 920 million pounds.
Stay Up-to-Date On Environmental Management, Energy & Sustainability News with EL's Free Daily Newsletter
Energy Manager News
- Helping Building Automation Grow
- Municipalities Could Combine Small Cell and LED Upgrades
- Holistic Approach to Energy Savings in Dublin, Ohio Schools
- NYC One Step Closer to Net-Zero Energy Goal at Wastewater Treatment Plants
- ‘Better Buildings, Better Plants’ Saves $2.4B Over Five Years
- Report Details Massive UK Energy Waste
- Embracing New Tech Is Key to Greater Energy Savings, Say Experts
- Johnson Controls, Hitachi Appliances Launch AC JV