Lennar Increases Number of Solar Homes, Gets $16 Million in Rebates
Weeks after unveiling plans to build 650 solar-powered homes in Roseville, Miami-based Lennar Corp. said it will build 1,254 more in the Sacramento region, The Sacramento Bee reports. The houses will start construction this year and continue through 2010.
Lennar has been approved by the Sacremento Municipal Utility District to receive $10.8 million in rebates for installing 1,254 systems costing about $20,000 each, according to the article. Lennar is also getting $5.2 million from Roseville Electric, to install homes with solar panels in Roseville.
SunPower will provide the panels.
Stay Up-to-Date On Environmental Management, Energy & Sustainability News with EL's Free Daily Newsletter
Energy Manager News
- Helping Building Automation Grow
- Municipalities Could Combine Small Cell and LED Upgrades
- Holistic Approach to Energy Savings in Dublin, Ohio Schools
- NYC One Step Closer to Net-Zero Energy Goal at Wastewater Treatment Plants
- ‘Better Buildings, Better Plants’ Saves $2.4B Over Five Years
- Report Details Massive UK Energy Waste
- Embracing New Tech Is Key to Greater Energy Savings, Say Experts
- Johnson Controls, Hitachi Appliances Launch AC JV