Lennar Increases Number of Solar Homes, Gets $16 Million in Rebates
Weeks after unveiling plans to build 650 solar-powered homes in Roseville, Miami-based Lennar Corp. said it will build 1,254 more in the Sacramento region, The Sacramento Bee reports. The houses will start construction this year and continue through 2010.
Lennar has been approved by the Sacremento Municipal Utility District to receive $10.8 million in rebates for installing 1,254 systems costing about $20,000 each, according to the article. Lennar is also getting $5.2 million from Roseville Electric, to install homes with solar panels in Roseville.
SunPower will provide the panels.
Stay Up-to-Date On Environmental Management, Energy & Sustainability News with EL's Free Daily Newsletter
Energy Manager News
- Tesla Becoming a Major Player in the Energy Storage Market
- Federal Agencies Must Use eProject Builder for All ESPC Projects
- Refrigeration Battery Works as Energy Storage
- 400 kW Fuel Cell System Powers Comcast Facility
- City Picks UtilityTRX for Utility Bill Management
- FridgeWize Unveils HVAC EC Motors
- Aztec AMC Modular HVAC system Reduces Data Center Cooling Costs
- Verismic Does Remote PC Power Management