Lennar Increases Number of Solar Homes, Gets $16 Million in Rebates
Weeks after unveiling plans to build 650 solar-powered homes in Roseville, Miami-based Lennar Corp. said it will build 1,254 more in the Sacramento region, The Sacramento Bee reports. The houses will start construction this year and continue through 2010.
Lennar has been approved by the Sacremento Municipal Utility District to receive $10.8 million in rebates for installing 1,254 systems costing about $20,000 each, according to the article. Lennar is also getting $5.2 million from Roseville Electric, to install homes with solar panels in Roseville.
SunPower will provide the panels.
Energy Manager News
- EDF Sending 127 Climate Corps Fellows to 100 Organizations
- Capegemini, Siemens Working on Analytics Platform
- Fulham Retrofit Kits EPA Approved
- Brookings Study: Net Metering Offers Cost Benefits to All Utility Customers
- Window Films: Low Hanging Fruit for Efficiency Gains
- Some Insurance Companies Invested Too Heavily in Fossil Fuels, says Ceres
- Apple Defends 100% Renewable Energy Claim
- Ontario Investing $900M in Affordable Housing