Lennar Increases Number of Solar Homes, Gets $16 Million in Rebates
Weeks after unveiling plans to build 650 solar-powered homes in Roseville, Miami-based Lennar Corp. said it will build 1,254 more in the Sacramento region, The Sacramento Bee reports. The houses will start construction this year and continue through 2010.
Lennar has been approved by the Sacremento Municipal Utility District to receive $10.8 million in rebates for installing 1,254 systems costing about $20,000 each, according to the article. Lennar is also getting $5.2 million from Roseville Electric, to install homes with solar panels in Roseville.
SunPower will provide the panels.
Stay Up-to-Date On Environmental Management, Energy & Sustainability News with EL's Free Daily Newsletter
Energy Manager News
- Bridgewater, MA, Gets $231,000 Efficiency Grant
- Biomass Group Studies Role in Clean Power Plan
- Rockleigh Borough Installing LEDs, Low Energy AC
- PHG to Build Big Gasification Plant for Sevier Solid Waste
- Energy Profile of Commercial Buildings Changing
- Smart Meter Market Surging
- Modular Data Centers Cut Construction Costs
- Failure to Build Energy Infrastructure Could Cost New England $5.4B