Lennar Increases Number of Solar Homes, Gets $16 Million in Rebates
Weeks after unveiling plans to build 650 solar-powered homes in Roseville, Miami-based Lennar Corp. said it will build 1,254 more in the Sacramento region, The Sacramento Bee reports. The houses will start construction this year and continue through 2010.
Lennar has been approved by the Sacremento Municipal Utility District to receive $10.8 million in rebates for installing 1,254 systems costing about $20,000 each, according to the article. Lennar is also getting $5.2 million from Roseville Electric, to install homes with solar panels in Roseville.
SunPower will provide the panels.
Energy Manager News
- Submissions Now Accepted for Energy Manager Today Awards
- New York City Study Conclusion: Benchmarking Works
- Behind the Meter Podcast: Keys to Energy Efficient Air Filtration
- Tecogen Lands Deal in Coney Island, NY
- SCS Provides LEDs to AZ Stores in Arizona
- New Green Advancements in Hospital Environments
- Big Island Utility Hits 5-MW Cap on Customer-Operator Rooftop Solar Credits
- Benton PUD Announces 5% Rate Hike