Flexcar Enters Baltimore Market
Flexcar has expanded to the city of Baltimore through a partnership with The Johns Hopkins University. The initial group of four hybrid vehicles will be parked across campus and available to students, faculty, staff and neighborhood residents for use by the hour. Additional vehicles will be added on campus and in the city throughout the year. Baltimore becomes Flexcar’s 10th US city and the first of multiple new markets the company plans to launch in 2007.
Members reserve a Flexcar vehicle online or via touchtone phone, use their Flexcard to open the doors, take their trip, then return the car to its reserved parking spot at the end of the reservation. An introductory fee of $6.00 per hour or $60.00 per day includes gas, insurance, 150 free miles, maintenance, a reserved parking spot and 24-7 emergency service.
Stay Up-to-Date On Environmental Management, Energy & Sustainability News with EL's Free Daily Newsletter
Energy Manager News
- Tesla Becoming a Major Player in the Energy Storage Market
- Federal Agencies Must Use eProject Builder for All ESPC Projects
- Refrigeration Battery Works as Energy Storage
- 400 kW Fuel Cell System Powers Comcast Facility
- City Picks UtilityTRX for Utility Bill Management
- FridgeWize Unveils HVAC EC Motors
- Aztec AMC Modular HVAC system Reduces Data Center Cooling Costs
- Verismic Does Remote PC Power Management