Flexcar Enters Baltimore Market
Flexcar has expanded to the city of Baltimore through a partnership with The Johns Hopkins University. The initial group of four hybrid vehicles will be parked across campus and available to students, faculty, staff and neighborhood residents for use by the hour. Additional vehicles will be added on campus and in the city throughout the year. Baltimore becomes Flexcar’s 10th US city and the first of multiple new markets the company plans to launch in 2007.
Members reserve a Flexcar vehicle online or via touchtone phone, use their Flexcard to open the doors, take their trip, then return the car to its reserved parking spot at the end of the reservation. An introductory fee of $6.00 per hour or $60.00 per day includes gas, insurance, 150 free miles, maintenance, a reserved parking spot and 24-7 emergency service.
Energy Manager News
- Clauses to Consider in Green Leases
- Bahama Yacht Club to Generate Power from Solid Waste
- Duke Energy, USF Launch Solar Battery Research Initiative
- Energy Storage Helps Hotel Reduce Demand Charges by 10%
- EU Smart Campus Pilot Achieves 30% Energy Savings
- Uline to Operate 130 GenDrive Fuel Cell Units from Plug Power
- Los Angeles Shopping Center Installs 504 kW Solar
- SustainCo Wins $575,000 Contract for Energy Management Controls