SF Giants Installing Solar Panels at AT&T Park
The San Francisco Giants and PG&E are planning to install 590 solar panels around AT&T Park to generate 123 kilowatts of power for the San Francisco power grid, The Examiner reports (via Green Options).
Although the Giants will be hosting the solar panels and working with PG&E for ongoing promotions, the park will not use the power collected, instead PG&E will sell the electricity its customers. If they did use the energy, it would be enough to power their new high-definition scoreboard screen for the year.
Energy Manager News
- Tesla’s Battery Storage Device Put to Use. Time to Exhale?
- Variable Speed Drives are a Powerful Efficiency Tool
- Veolia Checks Into the UK’s Tallest Hotel
- Massachusetts Aims for Critical Care Resiliency
- State of Michigan and MISO Propose Retail Capacity Charge
- Breaking the Ice with Thermal Energy Storage
- Ameresco to Upgrade Federal Prison in Butner, NC
- Alpen Introduces Window Package Rated at R10 Insulation