WEC Calls for Nominations for Corporate Sustainable Development Award
The World Environment Center wants nominations for the 24th WEC Gold Medal for International Corporate Achievement in Sustainable Development.
Only global manufacturing, processing or service corporations that can document well implemented, outstanding and sustained success are eligible to compete. A potential applicant company must demonstrate global vision and a commitment to sustainable development through innovative application of policies, and international economic, environmental, and social responsibilities. An independent Jury of international experts in sustainable development academia and industry selects the Gold Medal awardee.
Nominations of eligible corporations must reach the WEC Gold Medal Secretariat, no later than Friday, May 18, 2007. Self-nominations are welcome. Nominations may be submitted online.
After the Jury reviews this initial application, eligible candidates will be notified and invited to make full submissions by August 3, 2007. The 2008 WEC Gold Medal Award nomination brochure provides all the details about the schedule of the nomination and selection process.
Previous recipients of the WEC Gold Medal award are: Alcan (2007), ABN AMRO Bank (2006), Starbucks (2005), Johnson Controls Inc. (2004), Ricoh Group Ltd. (2003), CEMEX (2002), The Royal Dutch/Shell Group (2001), International Paper Company (2000), Eastman Kodak Company (1999), Philips Electronics N.V. (1998), Compaq Computer Corporation (1997), Alcoa (1996), Ciba-Geigy Limited (1995), S.C. Johnson & Son, Inc. (1994), Xerox Corporation (1993), Procter & Gamble Company (1992), Rohm & Haas Company (1991), IBM Corporation (1990), The Dow Chemical Company (1989), The BP Group (1988), E.I. Du Pont de Nemours & Company (1987), Exxon Corporation (1986) and 3M (1985).
Energy Manager News
- Don’t Write Off Energy Efficiency. It’s Just about to Have Its Day.
- 44 Companies Apply to Manage OSU Energy
- ASHRAE High-Performance Building Design Professional Certification Earns ANSI Accreditation
- Energy Management Targets Commercial Real Estate
- Home Depot Hires HVAC Provider for South Arizona Stores
- Voluntary Agreement Covers Energy of Home Internet Equipment
- Community Microgrids for a Sustainable Future – TEDx Talk
- Cree Restructures LED Business in Aggressive Pricing Environment