Airbus To Cut Fuel Consumption 50% by 2020
The manufacturer was looking at airframe improvements to provide about 25 per cent of the reduction, while between 10 and 15 percent would come from engine manufacturers.
“The remainder, about 10 percent, will come from air traffic control – to ensure there are more direct flights, to ensure that aircraft are not (circling) around the airport before they land,” said Philippe de Saint-Aulaire, Airbus vice-president, environmental affairs.
Stay Up-to-Date On Environmental Management, Energy & Sustainability News with EL's Free Daily Newsletter
Energy Manager News
- Energy Storage in the Fast Lane
- Alberta Firm Aims for Energy Neutral Egg Laying Barn
- The Department of Energy Seeks to Improve the Better Buildings Challenge
- Behind the Meter: The Many Advantages of Energy Benchmarking
- Telecommunications Companies Upgrade Their Approaches to Energy
- Cutting Energy Use in Fire Stations
- Revolution Lighting Signs School Districts in NY, NJ
- Green Building Boom Is Pumping Billions into US Economy, Retrofits Are Fueling the Trend