Airbus To Cut Fuel Consumption 50% by 2020
The manufacturer was looking at airframe improvements to provide about 25 per cent of the reduction, while between 10 and 15 percent would come from engine manufacturers.
“The remainder, about 10 percent, will come from air traffic control – to ensure there are more direct flights, to ensure that aircraft are not (circling) around the airport before they land,” said Philippe de Saint-Aulaire, Airbus vice-president, environmental affairs.
Energy Manager News
- Oracle and Opower to Team Up to Make Big Data Even Bigger
- Western EIM Benefits Are Up to Nearly $65M with NV Energy Participation
- FirstEnergy Ohio Seeks Changes to Rate Plan to Ensure Price Stability for Customers
- Utility Data Aggregation: How to Take the Best Approach
- Making the IoT Work for Building Managers
- There’s Nothing More Sacred Than Coal in Coal Country. Ask Hillary Clinton
- SunPower and the Army Work on Solar Project in Alabama
- Climate and Energy Policies Working