Airbus To Cut Fuel Consumption 50% by 2020
The manufacturer was looking at airframe improvements to provide about 25 per cent of the reduction, while between 10 and 15 percent would come from engine manufacturers.
“The remainder, about 10 percent, will come from air traffic control – to ensure there are more direct flights, to ensure that aircraft are not (circling) around the airport before they land,” said Philippe de Saint-Aulaire, Airbus vice-president, environmental affairs.
Energy Manager News
- Two Studies Show the State of Energy Efficiency
- Phoenix Airport LED Project Moves Along
- Maine Businesses Shut Out of Power Program
- Stay Cool This Summer While Avoiding These Common Summer Pitfalls
- Coalition Seeks to Stop SCE&G’s Blank Check
- NARUC Releases DER Draft Rate Design Manual
- Behind the Meter Podcast: Pushing Sustainability, Efficiency with Green Leases
- The Tricky World of Portable Commercial Air Conditioners