Airbus To Cut Fuel Consumption 50% by 2020
The manufacturer was looking at airframe improvements to provide about 25 per cent of the reduction, while between 10 and 15 percent would come from engine manufacturers.
“The remainder, about 10 percent, will come from air traffic control – to ensure there are more direct flights, to ensure that aircraft are not (circling) around the airport before they land,” said Philippe de Saint-Aulaire, Airbus vice-president, environmental affairs.
Stay Up-to-Date On Environmental Management, Energy & Sustainability News with EL's Free Daily Newsletter
Energy Manager News
- Bridgewater, MA, Gets $231,000 Efficiency Grant
- Biomass Group Studies Role in Clean Power Plan
- Rockleigh Borough Installing LEDs, Low Energy AC
- PHG to Build Big Gasification Plant for Sevier Solid Waste
- Energy Profile of Commercial Buildings Changing
- Smart Meter Market Surging
- Modular Data Centers Cut Construction Costs
- Failure to Build Energy Infrastructure Could Cost New England $5.4B