Airbus To Cut Fuel Consumption 50% by 2020
The manufacturer was looking at airframe improvements to provide about 25 per cent of the reduction, while between 10 and 15 percent would come from engine manufacturers.
“The remainder, about 10 percent, will come from air traffic control – to ensure there are more direct flights, to ensure that aircraft are not (circling) around the airport before they land,” said Philippe de Saint-Aulaire, Airbus vice-president, environmental affairs.
Energy Manager News
- Smart Windows are a Smart Idea
- Behind the Meter Podcast: The Telecommunications Industry Addresses Energy Challenges
- Ambitious Goals for The Boulder Valley SD
- Philips, Cisco, Alliander Bringing Smart Lighting to Amsterdam
- TCAP to Negotiate Five-Year Electric Rates for Sherman, Texas
- Quality Power, Not Just Power, Should be the Goal
- Siemens Unveils Microgrid-as-a-Service Platform
- 18 Buildings Going Solar in D.C.