Bigelow Tea Receives $777,000 for Solar Power
The Bigelow Tea Company will receive a $777,000 grant from the Connecticut Clean Energy Fund to defray approximately 55 percent of the cost of installing a 171-kilowatt solar power system at the company’s Fairfield, Connecticut headquarters.
The solar PV system will be mounted on the rooftops of four different building levels and will supply approximately 195,600 kilowatt hours annually, or 6.7 percent of the total electrical needs of the headquarters complex.
Stay Up-to-Date On Environmental Management, Energy & Sustainability News with EL's Free Daily Newsletter
Energy Manager News
- Royal Philips: All Cities and Utilities Worldwide Should Switch to LEDs
- Daikin Applied Replaces HVAC System at Bethel University
- The Water Research Group Issues RFP for Energy Savings
- Ingersoll-Rand Wins Two Awards
- Energy-Efficiency Upgrades Will Save National Lab $1.3M Each Year
- Super Efficient Building in Amsterdam: The Edge
- New LEDs From Cree
- Ringdale Intros Monitoring and Data Logger