Bigelow Tea Receives $777,000 for Solar Power
The Bigelow Tea Company will receive a $777,000 grant from the Connecticut Clean Energy Fund to defray approximately 55 percent of the cost of installing a 171-kilowatt solar power system at the company’s Fairfield, Connecticut headquarters.
The solar PV system will be mounted on the rooftops of four different building levels and will supply approximately 195,600 kilowatt hours annually, or 6.7 percent of the total electrical needs of the headquarters complex.
Stay Up-to-Date On Environmental Management, Energy & Sustainability News with EL's Free Daily Newsletter
Energy Manager News
- Less Time Delay with LEDs Promises More Savings
- 5 Steps for Guaranteeing the Best Lighting Upgrade in Industrial Facilities
- Energy Awards Offers 7 Entry Tips from Judges
- Wind Powers 35% of Washington DC Government
- Walmart, Others Seek to Back Out of Florida Energy-Efficiency Program
- Energy Intelligence on a Smart Watch’s Small Screen
- Optimizing Set Points, Equipment Controls Saves 6% in Energy
- McKinstry Wins $5.8M ESPC with Texas County