Bigelow Tea Receives $777,000 for Solar Power
The Bigelow Tea Company will receive a $777,000 grant from the Connecticut Clean Energy Fund to defray approximately 55 percent of the cost of installing a 171-kilowatt solar power system at the company’s Fairfield, Connecticut headquarters.
The solar PV system will be mounted on the rooftops of four different building levels and will supply approximately 195,600 kilowatt hours annually, or 6.7 percent of the total electrical needs of the headquarters complex.
Energy Manager News
- Clauses to Consider in Green Leases
- Bahama Yacht Club to Generate Power from Solid Waste
- Duke Energy, USF Launch Solar Battery Research Initiative
- Energy Storage Helps Hotel Reduce Demand Charges by 10%
- EU Smart Campus Pilot Achieves 30% Energy Savings
- Uline to Operate 130 GenDrive Fuel Cell Units from Plug Power
- Los Angeles Shopping Center Installs 504 kW Solar
- SustainCo Wins $575,000 Contract for Energy Management Controls