DuPont, Tate & Lyle, Cryotech Launch Renewable Deicing Fluid
DuPont Tate & Lyle Bio Products, a joint venture between DuPont and Tate & Lyle have partnered with Cryotech Deicing Technology to introduce Susterra propanediol, a 100 percent renewably sourced product for runway deicing.
The product underwent successful field trials at international airports and will be available for use at airports beginning the winter of 2007-2008.
Susterra propanediol eliminates the need for petroleum-based feedstocks while providing low toxicity and biodegradability to applications such as deicing fluids, anti-freeze and heat transfer fluids. In deicing applications, it significantly reduces energy use and emissions over other propylene glycol formulations.
Energy Manager News
- Mohegan Sun Pocono Casino Doesn’t Consider Cogeneration a Gamble
- Clean Power Plan: Obama’s Team Confident About Pitch to Supreme Court
- BuildingIQ Introduces Managed Services
- Solar Power Breakthrough Near?
- Battery Storage Giving Businesses a Break
- Could Ratepayers Foot the Bill for New Hampshire’s Pipelines?
- CenterPoint to Acquire Continuum’s Retail Energy Services Division
- LED Projects Must Be Carefully Planned