DuPont, Tate & Lyle, Cryotech Launch Renewable Deicing Fluid
DuPont Tate & Lyle Bio Products, a joint venture between DuPont and Tate & Lyle have partnered with Cryotech Deicing Technology to introduce Susterra propanediol, a 100 percent renewably sourced product for runway deicing.
The product underwent successful field trials at international airports and will be available for use at airports beginning the winter of 2007-2008.
Susterra propanediol eliminates the need for petroleum-based feedstocks while providing low toxicity and biodegradability to applications such as deicing fluids, anti-freeze and heat transfer fluids. In deicing applications, it significantly reduces energy use and emissions over other propylene glycol formulations.
Energy Manager News
- Behind the Meter Podcast: A New Metric for Datacenter Cooling
- The Advantages of Metal Roofs
- PACE Loan Program in Pulaski County, AK
- Online Tool Introduced in Vermont
- SWL&P Looks to Increase Electric Revenues by Over $2 Million
- Schneider Electric’s NEO Network: Helping Make Efficiency Projects Real
- Efficiency Project Complete in Meriden, CT
- BuildingIQ Makes 2 Moves