DuPont, Tate & Lyle, Cryotech Launch Renewable Deicing Fluid
DuPont Tate & Lyle Bio Products, a joint venture between DuPont and Tate & Lyle have partnered with Cryotech Deicing Technology to introduce Susterra propanediol, a 100 percent renewably sourced product for runway deicing.
The product underwent successful field trials at international airports and will be available for use at airports beginning the winter of 2007-2008.
Susterra propanediol eliminates the need for petroleum-based feedstocks while providing low toxicity and biodegradability to applications such as deicing fluids, anti-freeze and heat transfer fluids. In deicing applications, it significantly reduces energy use and emissions over other propylene glycol formulations.
Energy Manager News
- Infineon Unveils Integrated LED
- Want a Green and Energy Conscious Business? Try These Ideas
- FMPA: Power Costs Expected to Dwindle 30% to 40% Within Years
- Name-Dropping: CUB and Illinois AG Say Nicor Advanced Energy Should Change Identity
- Saving Energy – In the Restroom
- UAB Getting First Solar Array
- California is Among the National Leaders in Energy Efficiency and Economic Gains
- Westerly, RI, Making Moves to Improve Municipal Efficiency