DuPont, Tate & Lyle, Cryotech Launch Renewable Deicing Fluid
DuPont Tate & Lyle Bio Products, a joint venture between DuPont and Tate & Lyle have partnered with Cryotech Deicing Technology to introduce Susterra propanediol, a 100 percent renewably sourced product for runway deicing.
The product underwent successful field trials at international airports and will be available for use at airports beginning the winter of 2007-2008.
Susterra propanediol eliminates the need for petroleum-based feedstocks while providing low toxicity and biodegradability to applications such as deicing fluids, anti-freeze and heat transfer fluids. In deicing applications, it significantly reduces energy use and emissions over other propylene glycol formulations.
Energy Manager News
- Energy Storage: It’s About the Software
- MIT Develops Promising New Battery Storage Technology
- India Launches Net-Zero Building Portal
- Companies Cooperating on Waste-to-Energy Projects
- Clean Energy Commitment in the Corporate and Local Small Business Sphere
- Xcel Asks for $90M ‘Switching Fee’ If Lubbock Utility Joins ERCOT
- EDF Sending 127 Climate Corps Fellows to 100 Organizations
- Capegemini, Siemens Working on Analytics Platform