DuPont, Tate & Lyle, Cryotech Launch Renewable Deicing Fluid
DuPont Tate & Lyle Bio Products, a joint venture between DuPont and Tate & Lyle have partnered with Cryotech Deicing Technology to introduce Susterra propanediol, a 100 percent renewably sourced product for runway deicing.
The product underwent successful field trials at international airports and will be available for use at airports beginning the winter of 2007-2008.
Susterra propanediol eliminates the need for petroleum-based feedstocks while providing low toxicity and biodegradability to applications such as deicing fluids, anti-freeze and heat transfer fluids. In deicing applications, it significantly reduces energy use and emissions over other propylene glycol formulations.
Energy Manager News
- LEED v4 is Ready to Take Center Stage
- Honeywell Upgrading Energy, Water Systems at The University of Mount Olive
- Three Boston Area Organizations Jointly Buying Solar Energy
- Insider ‘Outs’ Misleading Strategy Behind Florida’s Solar Amendment 1
- Mississippi Watchdog: Kemper Syngas Operations Could Raise Costs by 288%
- Waste-to-Energy Shows Growth in New Jersey, Maine and Florida
- Zen Ecosystems Introduces Zen HQ
- Flywheel Platform Introduced by GE