Google Offers Free Bikes to Overseas Employees
Google is offerring more than 2,000 permanent employees located in Europe, the Middle East and Africa a free bike and encouraging everyone to ride to work, Green Options reports.
Each bike will be branded with the Google name, making it an interesting marketing vehicle, and come with a free helmet. The company is even offering “fold-up” versions for people who can only bike halfway.
Last year, Google announced that they would be installing 1.6 megawatts of solar energy on the roofs of its Mountain View campus buildings.
Energy Manager News
- Battery Storage Giving Businesses a Break
- Could Ratepayers Foot the Bill for New Hampshire’s Pipelines?
- CenterPoint to Acquire Continuum’s Retail Energy Services Division
- LED Projects Must Be Carefully Planned
- Energy Managers Buoyed By Supreme Court’s Demand Response Decision
- Dover, N.H., Saves More Than Projected Under EPC
- Datacenters Underestimating Coal Use
- Transmission Upgrades Give SPP a $240M ‘Bang for the Buck’