Google Offers Free Bikes to Overseas Employees
Google is offerring more than 2,000 permanent employees located in Europe, the Middle East and Africa a free bike and encouraging everyone to ride to work, Green Options reports.
Each bike will be branded with the Google name, making it an interesting marketing vehicle, and come with a free helmet. The company is even offering “fold-up” versions for people who can only bike halfway.
Last year, Google announced that they would be installing 1.6 megawatts of solar energy on the roofs of its Mountain View campus buildings.
Stay Up-to-Date On Environmental Management, Energy & Sustainability News with EL's Free Daily Newsletter
Energy Manager News
- Passive-House High-Rise to be Airtight
- Greensmith Offers ‘Second Opinion’ on Energy Storage Systems
- Commercial Tankless Water Heater Handles the Demands of Business
- Booz Allen, Siemens, Power Analytics Score 16 Microgrid Projects
- NH City to Save $500,000 Annually with LED Streetlights
- Australian College Uses Energy Storage
- LED Boosts Light Output 50%, Uses Existing Drivers
- Energesco Wins Energy Efficiency Contracts for Multifamily Buildings in Maryland