Google Offers Free Bikes to Overseas Employees
Google is offerring more than 2,000 permanent employees located in Europe, the Middle East and Africa a free bike and encouraging everyone to ride to work, Green Options reports.
Each bike will be branded with the Google name, making it an interesting marketing vehicle, and come with a free helmet. The company is even offering “fold-up” versions for people who can only bike halfway.
Last year, Google announced that they would be installing 1.6 megawatts of solar energy on the roofs of its Mountain View campus buildings.
Energy Manager News
- ERC: Price Benchmark Trends Week Ending June 24, 2016
- FERC Rules Against Tri-State Fee on Local Renewable Power
- Marin Clean Energy to Reduce Rates and Expand Service Area in September
- Drama Aside, Tesla’s Acquisition of SolarCity Makes Sense
- SunPower Solar Technology Breaks 24% Energy Efficiency Mark
- U.S. Data Centers Increasing Energy Efficiency
- A New Role for Mats: Promoting Sustainability
- Palmco to Refund $4.5M to New Jersey Consumers for Deceptive Sale Practices