Google Offers Free Bikes to Overseas Employees
Google is offerring more than 2,000 permanent employees located in Europe, the Middle East and Africa a free bike and encouraging everyone to ride to work, Green Options reports.
Each bike will be branded with the Google name, making it an interesting marketing vehicle, and come with a free helmet. The company is even offering “fold-up” versions for people who can only bike halfway.
Last year, Google announced that they would be installing 1.6 megawatts of solar energy on the roofs of its Mountain View campus buildings.
Energy Manager News
- Flying High: Energy Efficiency, Renewables and Airports
- Want a Green and Energy Conscious Business? Try These Ideas
- Beazer Homes Wins Energy Star Award
- Infineon Unveils Integrated LED
- FMPA: Power Costs Expected to Dwindle 30% to 40% Within Years
- Name-Dropping: CUB and Illinois AG Say Nicor Advanced Energy Should Change Identity
- Saving Energy – In the Restroom
- UAB Getting First Solar Array