Cathay Pacific Developing Carbon Offset Program
Cathay Pacific Airways is developing a program that will offset emissions associated with Cathay Pacific staff travelling on official airline business and also provide passengers with the voluntary option of joining the offset program.
Chief Executive Philip Chen announced the development during a keynote speech delivered at the Greener Skies Forum 2007.
In his address, Mr Chen said, “While aviation is increasingly being viewed as one of the biggest contributors of carbon emissions, that is simply not the case. The contribution the industry makes to man-made carbon dioxide emissions worldwide is estimated at 2 percent.”
Stay Up-to-Date On Environmental Management, Energy & Sustainability News with EL's Free Daily Newsletter
Energy Manager News
- Tesla Becoming a Major Player in the Energy Storage Market
- Federal Agencies Must Use eProject Builder for All ESPC Projects
- Refrigeration Battery Works as Energy Storage
- 400 kW Fuel Cell System Powers Comcast Facility
- City Picks UtilityTRX for Utility Bill Management
- FridgeWize Unveils HVAC EC Motors
- Aztec AMC Modular HVAC system Reduces Data Center Cooling Costs
- Verismic Does Remote PC Power Management