Cathay Pacific Developing Carbon Offset Program
Cathay Pacific Airways is developing a program that will offset emissions associated with Cathay Pacific staff travelling on official airline business and also provide passengers with the voluntary option of joining the offset program.
Chief Executive Philip Chen announced the development during a keynote speech delivered at the Greener Skies Forum 2007.
In his address, Mr Chen said, “While aviation is increasingly being viewed as one of the biggest contributors of carbon emissions, that is simply not the case. The contribution the industry makes to man-made carbon dioxide emissions worldwide is estimated at 2 percent.”
Energy Manager News
- Submissions Now Accepted for Energy Manager Today Awards
- New York City Study Conclusion: Benchmarking Works
- Behind the Meter Podcast: Keys to Energy Efficient Air Filtration
- Tecogen Lands Deal in Coney Island, NY
- SCS Provides LEDs to AZ Stores in Arizona
- New Green Advancements in Hospital Environments
- Big Island Utility Hits 5-MW Cap on Customer-Operator Rooftop Solar Credits
- Benton PUD Announces 5% Rate Hike