Cathay Pacific Developing Carbon Offset Program
Cathay Pacific Airways is developing a program that will offset emissions associated with Cathay Pacific staff travelling on official airline business and also provide passengers with the voluntary option of joining the offset program.
Chief Executive Philip Chen announced the development during a keynote speech delivered at the Greener Skies Forum 2007.
In his address, Mr Chen said, “While aviation is increasingly being viewed as one of the biggest contributors of carbon emissions, that is simply not the case. The contribution the industry makes to man-made carbon dioxide emissions worldwide is estimated at 2 percent.”
Energy Manager News
- New York Solar Installations Soar 300%
- Tiny, Solar-Powered Circuit Is 80% Efficient
- California Grid to Maintain Reliability Despite Drought
- Largest Solar Project Installed on Closed Landfill Under Consideration
- TerraForm Buys 930 MW Wind Portfolio for $2B
- BMW Tests Fuel-Cell Car
- Researchers Develop Cell that Can Store Solar at Night
- Energy Efficiency Program Saves Texas College $4.4M