Cathay Pacific Developing Carbon Offset Program
Cathay Pacific Airways is developing a program that will offset emissions associated with Cathay Pacific staff travelling on official airline business and also provide passengers with the voluntary option of joining the offset program.
Chief Executive Philip Chen announced the development during a keynote speech delivered at the Greener Skies Forum 2007.
In his address, Mr Chen said, “While aviation is increasingly being viewed as one of the biggest contributors of carbon emissions, that is simply not the case. The contribution the industry makes to man-made carbon dioxide emissions worldwide is estimated at 2 percent.”
Energy Manager News
- Put Safety First in LED Installations
- Microsoft: Data Centers to Use 50% Renewables by 2018
- Solar Installation Dedicated in Brooklyn
- Duke Energy SC Customers Have Reaped $5M in Solar Rebates Since Last October
- BidEnergy Launches Its ‘Source-to-Pay’ Process for Energy in U.S. Market
- Garden State Residential, Commercial Customers Will Pay Less for Gas This Winter
- Better Buildings, Better Plants: 12 Success Stories
- CA Governor Signs Bill Clarifying PACE Disclosures