Cathay Pacific Developing Carbon Offset Program
Cathay Pacific Airways is developing a program that will offset emissions associated with Cathay Pacific staff travelling on official airline business and also provide passengers with the voluntary option of joining the offset program.
Chief Executive Philip Chen announced the development during a keynote speech delivered at the Greener Skies Forum 2007.
In his address, Mr Chen said, “While aviation is increasingly being viewed as one of the biggest contributors of carbon emissions, that is simply not the case. The contribution the industry makes to man-made carbon dioxide emissions worldwide is estimated at 2 percent.”
Energy Manager News
- Flying High: Energy Efficiency, Renewables and Airports
- Want a Green and Energy Conscious Business? Try These Ideas
- Beazer Homes Wins Energy Star Award
- Infineon Unveils Integrated LED
- FMPA: Power Costs Expected to Dwindle 30% to 40% Within Years
- Name-Dropping: CUB and Illinois AG Say Nicor Advanced Energy Should Change Identity
- Saving Energy – In the Restroom
- UAB Getting First Solar Array