Vebnet Launches Payroll Carbon Offset Program for Employers
Vebnet, a supplier of technology and support services for employee benefits, has partnered with PURE to launch a program that lets 250,000 UK employees buy offsets for their own carbon footprint by “giving as they earn” through a benefits program provided by their employer.
Employees can calculate their carbon footprint with a link to PURE, and then choose to offset all or part of it in monthly payments from their pay, in what Vebnet calls a tax efficient way, through their employer’s use of Vebnet’s benefit technology.
Centrica, an energy company and owner of British Gas is one of the first organizations to sign on. “Centrica’s customers, employees and wider stakeholders expect us to demonstrate leadership on environmental issues,” said Liz Dixon, one of Centrica’s Reward Managers. “As we are moving to Vebnet for our flexible benefits scheme for 10,000 employees, we can now add PURE as a socially responsible give-as-you-earn benefit.”
Energy Manager News
- Smart Windows are a Smart Idea
- Behind the Meter Podcast: The Telecommunications Industry Addresses Energy Challenges
- Ambitious Goals for The Boulder Valley SD
- Philips, Cisco, Alliander Bringing Smart Lighting to Amsterdam
- TCAP to Negotiate Five-Year Electric Rates for Sherman, Texas
- Quality Power, Not Just Power, Should be the Goal
- Siemens Unveils Microgrid-as-a-Service Platform
- 18 Buildings Going Solar in D.C.