Vebnet Launches Payroll Carbon Offset Program for Employers
Vebnet, a supplier of technology and support services for employee benefits, has partnered with PURE to launch a program that lets 250,000 UK employees buy offsets for their own carbon footprint by “giving as they earn” through a benefits program provided by their employer.
Employees can calculate their carbon footprint with a link to PURE, and then choose to offset all or part of it in monthly payments from their pay, in what Vebnet calls a tax efficient way, through their employer’s use of Vebnet’s benefit technology.
Centrica, an energy company and owner of British Gas is one of the first organizations to sign on. “Centrica’s customers, employees and wider stakeholders expect us to demonstrate leadership on environmental issues,” said Liz Dixon, one of Centrica’s Reward Managers. “As we are moving to Vebnet for our flexible benefits scheme for 10,000 employees, we can now add PURE as a socially responsible give-as-you-earn benefit.”
Energy Manager News
- Dissecting the Data Revolution
- Energy Star Recognizes 16 GM Facilities
- CCI Group Awarded Contract for Anniston Army Depot
- Under Hawaiian Electric’s New TOU Pilot Plan, Time Is Money
- SCE&G Retail Rate Adjustment Will Be Close to Break-Even for Customers
- LEED v4 is Ready to Take Center Stage
- Honeywell Upgrading Energy, Water Systems at The University of Mount Olive
- Three Boston Area Organizations Jointly Buying Solar Energy