Vebnet Launches Payroll Carbon Offset Program for Employers
Vebnet, a supplier of technology and support services for employee benefits, has partnered with PURE to launch a program that lets 250,000 UK employees buy offsets for their own carbon footprint by “giving as they earn” through a benefits program provided by their employer.
Employees can calculate their carbon footprint with a link to PURE, and then choose to offset all or part of it in monthly payments from their pay, in what Vebnet calls a tax efficient way, through their employer’s use of Vebnet’s benefit technology.
Centrica, an energy company and owner of British Gas is one of the first organizations to sign on. “Centrica’s customers, employees and wider stakeholders expect us to demonstrate leadership on environmental issues,” said Liz Dixon, one of Centrica’s Reward Managers. “As we are moving to Vebnet for our flexible benefits scheme for 10,000 employees, we can now add PURE as a socially responsible give-as-you-earn benefit.”
Energy Manager News
- Clauses to Consider in Green Leases
- Bahama Yacht Club to Generate Power from Solid Waste
- Duke Energy, USF Launch Solar Battery Research Initiative
- Energy Storage Helps Hotel Reduce Demand Charges by 10%
- EU Smart Campus Pilot Achieves 30% Energy Savings
- Uline to Operate 130 GenDrive Fuel Cell Units from Plug Power
- Los Angeles Shopping Center Installs 504 kW Solar
- SustainCo Wins $575,000 Contract for Energy Management Controls