Whole Foods Launches Earth Month Offset Promotion
Whole Foods Market has launched a national Earth Month carbon reduction initiative, The Whole Earth Weigh-In: 30 Ways in 30 Days.
Working with Green Mountain Energy, Whole Foods shoppers can track and calculate their carbon footprint through a customized version of Green Mountain’s web based carbon calculator and BeGreen carbon offset product. The initiative is part of a month-long program that began April 1.
“When we came up with concept for the Whole Earth Weigh-In initiative, we wanted to ensure we teamed up with the partner to not only provide the carbon calculator component to the program, but one who was in sync with our own philosophy for green consumer education and that’s Green Mountain Energy Company,” said Laurie Rocke, Whole Foods Market project team leader, national marketing.
In November, Whole Foods began selling Wind Power Cards at POS to shoppers who want to offset their carbon footprint.
Energy Manager News
- LEED v4 is Ready to Take Center Stage
- Honeywell Upgrading Energy, Water Systems at The University of Mount Olive
- Three Boston Area Organizations Jointly Buying Solar Energy
- Insider ‘Outs’ Misleading Strategy Behind Florida’s Solar Amendment 1
- Mississippi Watchdog: Kemper Syngas Operations Could Raise Costs by 288%
- Waste-to-Energy Shows Growth in New Jersey, Maine and Florida
- Zen Ecosystems Introduces Zen HQ
- Flywheel Platform Introduced by GE