Whole Foods Launches Earth Month Offset Promotion
Whole Foods Market has launched a national Earth Month carbon reduction initiative, The Whole Earth Weigh-In: 30 Ways in 30 Days.
Working with Green Mountain Energy, Whole Foods shoppers can track and calculate their carbon footprint through a customized version of Green Mountain’s web based carbon calculator and BeGreen carbon offset product. The initiative is part of a month-long program that began April 1.
“When we came up with concept for the Whole Earth Weigh-In initiative, we wanted to ensure we teamed up with the partner to not only provide the carbon calculator component to the program, but one who was in sync with our own philosophy for green consumer education and that’s Green Mountain Energy Company,” said Laurie Rocke, Whole Foods Market project team leader, national marketing.
In November, Whole Foods began selling Wind Power Cards at POS to shoppers who want to offset their carbon footprint.
Stay Up-to-Date On Environmental Management, Energy & Sustainability News with EL's Free Daily Newsletter
Energy Manager News
- Tesla Becoming a Major Player in the Energy Storage Market
- Federal Agencies Must Use eProject Builder for All ESPC Projects
- Refrigeration Battery Works as Energy Storage
- 400 kW Fuel Cell System Powers Comcast Facility
- City Picks UtilityTRX for Utility Bill Management
- FridgeWize Unveils HVAC EC Motors
- Aztec AMC Modular HVAC system Reduces Data Center Cooling Costs
- Verismic Does Remote PC Power Management