OCTA Adds More Solar LED Bus Stops
California’s Orange County Transportation Authority has awarded a follow-on contract valued at $548,000 to Carmanah for its i-STOP solar LED-illuminated bus stops. OCTA is the third-largest bus agency in the U.S.
OCTA began a field trial of the illuminated bus stops in 2003 to evaluate the effectiveness of solar-powered area lighting and schedule illumination on its 24-hour “Nite Owl” service. OCTA proceeded to roll out 710 i-STOP systems over a two-year period beginning in 2005. While these units were installed along “Nite Owl” routes, the latest order will provide bus stop lighting at other locations throughout the county.
Energy Manager News
- Battery Storage Giving Businesses a Break
- Could Ratepayers Foot the Bill for New Hampshire’s Pipelines?
- CenterPoint to Acquire Continuum’s Retail Energy Services Division
- LED Projects Must Be Carefully Planned
- Energy Managers Buoyed By Supreme Court’s Demand Response Decision
- Dover, N.H., Saves More Than Projected Under EPC
- Datacenters Underestimating Coal Use
- Transmission Upgrades Give SPP a $240M ‘Bang for the Buck’