OCTA Adds More Solar LED Bus Stops
California’s Orange County Transportation Authority has awarded a follow-on contract valued at $548,000 to Carmanah for its i-STOP solar LED-illuminated bus stops. OCTA is the third-largest bus agency in the U.S.
OCTA began a field trial of the illuminated bus stops in 2003 to evaluate the effectiveness of solar-powered area lighting and schedule illumination on its 24-hour “Nite Owl” service. OCTA proceeded to roll out 710 i-STOP systems over a two-year period beginning in 2005. While these units were installed along “Nite Owl” routes, the latest order will provide bus stop lighting at other locations throughout the county.
Energy Manager News
- Turning Data into Knowledge–and Action
- STULZ, CoolIT Enter Data Center Cooling Pact
- Smart Grid Partnership Announced in Europe
- Wisconsin Power & Light Files for Higher Residential Base Rates, Lower Commercial Rates
- NMPRC Orders Extension in PNM Rate Case
- US Military Taking No Risks by Going Green, Saving Lives and Energy
- Affordable Housing Pushes Energy Efficiency
- Controlling Air Conditioners