OCTA Adds More Solar LED Bus Stops
California’s Orange County Transportation Authority has awarded a follow-on contract valued at $548,000 to Carmanah for its i-STOP solar LED-illuminated bus stops. OCTA is the third-largest bus agency in the U.S.
OCTA began a field trial of the illuminated bus stops in 2003 to evaluate the effectiveness of solar-powered area lighting and schedule illumination on its 24-hour “Nite Owl” service. OCTA proceeded to roll out 710 i-STOP systems over a two-year period beginning in 2005. While these units were installed along “Nite Owl” routes, the latest order will provide bus stop lighting at other locations throughout the county.
Energy Manager News
- Price of Carbon Credits Rises In Europe, Which is a Good Thing
- Iowa Utilities Get Pushback on Plans for Higher Rooftop Solar Rates
- Driving Energy Efficiency in Leased Commercial Space is Complicated – and Worthwhile
- Will Co-Firing Natural Gas and Coal Meet Clean Power Plan Standards?
- Pitkin County (CO) Looks for Solar Opportunities
- Solar Panels Working as Promised for Iowa Company
- China and India: Doing the Unimaginable to Address Climate Change
- Maine Solar Bill That Advocates Claim Could Save $100M Is Vetoed by Governor LePage