OCTA Adds More Solar LED Bus Stops
California’s Orange County Transportation Authority has awarded a follow-on contract valued at $548,000 to Carmanah for its i-STOP solar LED-illuminated bus stops. OCTA is the third-largest bus agency in the U.S.
OCTA began a field trial of the illuminated bus stops in 2003 to evaluate the effectiveness of solar-powered area lighting and schedule illumination on its 24-hour “Nite Owl” service. OCTA proceeded to roll out 710 i-STOP systems over a two-year period beginning in 2005. While these units were installed along “Nite Owl” routes, the latest order will provide bus stop lighting at other locations throughout the county.
Energy Manager News
- The hunt for reforming energy markets
- New Hampshire Shopping Site Offers Over 70 Competitive Retail Plans
- KCC Slashes Westar Transmission Delivery Fee
- Reach Out to Finance Execs With Data They Understand
- Energy Trust of Oregon Exceeded 2015 Goals
- Mercy Housing, Promise Energy Teaming Up
- 30 Environmental Advocacy Groups Call on NARUC for Holistic Rate-Setting Guidelines
- New York State’s Summer of Energy