OCTA Adds More Solar LED Bus Stops
California’s Orange County Transportation Authority has awarded a follow-on contract valued at $548,000 to Carmanah for its i-STOP solar LED-illuminated bus stops. OCTA is the third-largest bus agency in the U.S.
OCTA began a field trial of the illuminated bus stops in 2003 to evaluate the effectiveness of solar-powered area lighting and schedule illumination on its 24-hour “Nite Owl” service. OCTA proceeded to roll out 710 i-STOP systems over a two-year period beginning in 2005. While these units were installed along “Nite Owl” routes, the latest order will provide bus stop lighting at other locations throughout the county.
Stay Up-to-Date On Environmental Management, Energy & Sustainability News with EL's Free Daily Newsletter
Energy Manager News
- Passive-House High-Rise to be Airtight
- Greensmith Offers ‘Second Opinion’ on Energy Storage Systems
- Commercial Tankless Water Heater Handles the Demands of Business
- Booz Allen, Siemens, Power Analytics Score 16 Microgrid Projects
- NH City to Save $500,000 Annually with LED Streetlights
- Australian College Uses Energy Storage
- LED Boosts Light Output 50%, Uses Existing Drivers
- Energesco Wins Energy Efficiency Contracts for Multifamily Buildings in Maryland