UC Launches Green Purchasing Policy
The University of California has passed a green purchasing policy making the 10-campus system the first in the nation to adopt guidelines for buying greener electronics, which includes the disposal of electronic waste and take-back computer recycling, the Mercury News reports.
UC, which purchases more than 10,000 computers monthly and disposes of about 1 million pounds of e-waste annually, will only buy products registered under the Electronic Product Environmental Assessment Tool. The policy also mandates criteria that must be met by any company that handles UC’s e-waste.
Energy Manager News
- Smart Windows are a Smart Idea
- Behind the Meter Podcast: The Telecommunications Industry Addresses Energy Challenges
- Ambitious Goals for The Boulder Valley SD
- Philips, Cisco, Alliander Bringing Smart Lighting to Amsterdam
- TCAP to Negotiate Five-Year Electric Rates for Sherman, Texas
- Quality Power, Not Just Power, Should be the Goal
- Siemens Unveils Microgrid-as-a-Service Platform
- 18 Buildings Going Solar in D.C.