UC Launches Green Purchasing Policy
The University of California has passed a green purchasing policy making the 10-campus system the first in the nation to adopt guidelines for buying greener electronics, which includes the disposal of electronic waste and take-back computer recycling, the Mercury News reports.
UC, which purchases more than 10,000 computers monthly and disposes of about 1 million pounds of e-waste annually, will only buy products registered under the Electronic Product Environmental Assessment Tool. The policy also mandates criteria that must be met by any company that handles UC’s e-waste.
Energy Manager News
- ERC: Electricity Price Trends for the Week Ending May 22
- Future Is Bright for Solar at Stanford
- Noresco Named Qualified Energy Performance Contractor in New Mexico
- Home Depot Sells Cree LED Flood Light for $9.97
- Professional Laundering Facility Installs Cogeneration
- PowerWise Offers Web Controls for Mini-Split Heat Pumps
- DOE Spends $32M to Boost Solar Workforce Training, Technology Innovation
- Trane Partners with Telkonet for Hotel Industry