UC Launches Green Purchasing Policy
The University of California has passed a green purchasing policy making the 10-campus system the first in the nation to adopt guidelines for buying greener electronics, which includes the disposal of electronic waste and take-back computer recycling, the Mercury News reports.
UC, which purchases more than 10,000 computers monthly and disposes of about 1 million pounds of e-waste annually, will only buy products registered under the Electronic Product Environmental Assessment Tool. The policy also mandates criteria that must be met by any company that handles UC’s e-waste.
Energy Manager News
- Two Studies Show the State of Energy Efficiency
- Phoenix Airport LED Project Moves Along
- Maine Businesses Shut Out of Power Program
- Stay Cool This Summer While Avoiding These Common Summer Pitfalls
- Coalition Seeks to Stop SCE&G’s Blank Check
- NARUC Releases DER Draft Rate Design Manual
- Behind the Meter Podcast: Pushing Sustainability, Efficiency with Green Leases
- The Tricky World of Portable Commercial Air Conditioners