Vancouver’s Harbor Dues Based on Emission Levels
The Port of Vancouver’s new harbor dues program rewards ships that take steps to cut pollution by charging them lower tolls for running on more eco-friendly, lower-sulphur fuel, versus higher rates for ships with higher emission levels, Edie reports.
Ships that meet a gold standard of emission controls will pay $0.057 per gross registered ton while the basic harbour due rate is $0.097 per GRT. Ships with no discount will see fees rising to $0.097 per GRT. Ships attaining a silver or bronze ranking will respectively be charged $0.067 and $0.077 per GRT.
Energy Manager News
- Don’t Write Off Energy Efficiency. It’s Just about to Have Its Day.
- 44 Companies Apply to Manage OSU Energy
- ASHRAE High-Performance Building Design Professional Certification Earns ANSI Accreditation
- Energy Management Targets Commercial Real Estate
- Home Depot Hires HVAC Provider for South Arizona Stores
- Voluntary Agreement Covers Energy of Home Internet Equipment
- Community Microgrids for a Sustainable Future – TEDx Talk
- Cree Restructures LED Business in Aggressive Pricing Environment