Vancouver’s Harbor Dues Based on Emission Levels
The Port of Vancouver’s new harbor dues program rewards ships that take steps to cut pollution by charging them lower tolls for running on more eco-friendly, lower-sulphur fuel, versus higher rates for ships with higher emission levels, Edie reports.
Ships that meet a gold standard of emission controls will pay $0.057 per gross registered ton while the basic harbour due rate is $0.097 per GRT. Ships with no discount will see fees rising to $0.097 per GRT. Ships attaining a silver or bronze ranking will respectively be charged $0.067 and $0.077 per GRT.
Energy Manager News
- Tesla’s Battery Storage Device Put to Use. Time to Exhale?
- Variable Speed Drives are a Powerful Efficiency Tool
- Veolia Checks Into the UK’s Tallest Hotel
- Massachusetts Aims for Critical Care Resiliency
- State of Michigan and MISO Propose Retail Capacity Charge
- Breaking the Ice with Thermal Energy Storage
- Ameresco to Upgrade Federal Prison in Butner, NC
- Alpen Introduces Window Package Rated at R10 Insulation