Vancouver’s Harbor Dues Based on Emission Levels
The Port of Vancouver’s new harbor dues program rewards ships that take steps to cut pollution by charging them lower tolls for running on more eco-friendly, lower-sulphur fuel, versus higher rates for ships with higher emission levels, Edie reports.
Ships that meet a gold standard of emission controls will pay $0.057 per gross registered ton while the basic harbour due rate is $0.097 per GRT. Ships with no discount will see fees rising to $0.097 per GRT. Ships attaining a silver or bronze ranking will respectively be charged $0.067 and $0.077 per GRT.
Energy Manager News
- The Evolution of Customer Renewable Energy Choice
- Target, adidas, Walmart Honored for Efficient Roof-Top Units
- Rising Tide of Energy Storage Floats all Boats
- Better Buildings Alliance Launches Indoor Lighting Campaign for Commercial Buildings
- Scaling of Energy Storage Market Hinges on ESSI Vendors
- CalCom Solar to Deploy 1.1MW at Dairy
- Raritan Combines DCIM, IT Management for Data Centers
- Army to Save $113M Over 19 Years with CHP Plant