20,000 Mittal Employees Take ‘Change a Light’ Pledge
Mittal Steel USA’s 20,000 employees are taking¬†the ENERGY STAR “Change a Light” pledge to use energy-efficient lighting, The Economic Times reports. The company helped employees fulfill the goal of the campaign by exchanging each pledge for a compact fluorescent light bulb.
The ENERGY STAR “Change a Light, Change the World” campaign is a national challenge sponsored by the EPA and the US Department of Energy. Mittal conducted the campaign as part of its overall energy-awareness initiative.
Stay Up-to-Date On Environmental Management, Energy & Sustainability News with EL's Free Daily Newsletter
Energy Manager News
- Portland Likely to Require Energy Benchmarking
- Using Building Energy Management for Factories
- New Energy System Will Save Stanford $420M
- Tire Plant Earns Superior Energy Performance Gold Certification
- Acuity Brands Acquires Indoor Location Software Company
- NJ School District Hires Honeywell for Energy Upgrades
- CODA Energy 50 kWh Storage Tower Achieves UL Certification
- Con Edison Development Procures GE Energy Storage System