20,000 Mittal Employees Take ‘Change a Light’ Pledge
Mittal Steel USA’s 20,000 employees are taking the ENERGY STAR “Change a Light” pledge to use energy-efficient lighting, The Economic Times reports. The company helped employees fulfill the goal of the campaign by exchanging each pledge for a compact fluorescent light bulb.
The ENERGY STAR “Change a Light, Change the World” campaign is a national challenge sponsored by the EPA and the US Department of Energy. Mittal conducted the campaign as part of its overall energy-awareness initiative.
Energy Manager News
- LEED v4 is Ready to Take Center Stage
- Honeywell Upgrading Energy, Water Systems at The University of Mount Olive
- Three Boston Area Organizations Jointly Buying Solar Energy
- Insider ‘Outs’ Misleading Strategy Behind Florida’s Solar Amendment 1
- Mississippi Watchdog: Kemper Syngas Operations Could Raise Costs by 288%
- Waste-to-Energy Shows Growth in New Jersey, Maine and Florida
- Zen Ecosystems Introduces Zen HQ
- Flywheel Platform Introduced by GE