20,000 Mittal Employees Take ‘Change a Light’ Pledge
Mittal Steel USA’s 20,000 employees are taking the ENERGY STAR “Change a Light” pledge to use energy-efficient lighting, The Economic Times reports. The company helped employees fulfill the goal of the campaign by exchanging each pledge for a compact fluorescent light bulb.
The ENERGY STAR “Change a Light, Change the World” campaign is a national challenge sponsored by the EPA and the US Department of Energy. Mittal conducted the campaign as part of its overall energy-awareness initiative.
Energy Manager News
- Clauses to Consider in Green Leases
- Bahama Yacht Club to Generate Power from Solid Waste
- Duke Energy, USF Launch Solar Battery Research Initiative
- Energy Storage Helps Hotel Reduce Demand Charges by 10%
- EU Smart Campus Pilot Achieves 30% Energy Savings
- Uline to Operate 130 GenDrive Fuel Cell Units from Plug Power
- Los Angeles Shopping Center Installs 504 kW Solar
- SustainCo Wins $575,000 Contract for Energy Management Controls