20,000 Mittal Employees Take ‘Change a Light’ Pledge
Mittal Steel USA’s 20,000 employees are taking the ENERGY STAR “Change a Light” pledge to use energy-efficient lighting, The Economic Times reports. The company helped employees fulfill the goal of the campaign by exchanging each pledge for a compact fluorescent light bulb.
The ENERGY STAR “Change a Light, Change the World” campaign is a national challenge sponsored by the EPA and the US Department of Energy. Mittal conducted the campaign as part of its overall energy-awareness initiative.
Stay Up-to-Date On Environmental Management, Energy & Sustainability News with EL's Free Daily Newsletter
Energy Manager News
- Energy Storage in the Fast Lane
- Alberta Firm Aims for Energy Neutral Egg Laying Barn
- The Department of Energy Seeks to Improve the Better Buildings Challenge
- Behind the Meter: The Many Advantages of Energy Benchmarking
- Telecommunications Companies Upgrade Their Approaches to Energy
- Cutting Energy Use in Fire Stations
- Revolution Lighting Signs School Districts in NY, NJ
- Green Building Boom Is Pumping Billions into US Economy, Retrofits Are Fueling the Trend