Green Marketers To Get Discovery Channel Dedicated to Green Topics
Discovery Channel is launching the first-ever 24-hour TV network dedicated solely to green lifestyle programming. The initiative, launching next year, includes a $50 million investment in new original content and a multi-platform offering with interactive tools and “how-to” resources.
The network is expected to debut in over 50 million U.S. homes and will cover categories such as eco-design, organic food and green architecture.
Discovery will also host a PlanetGreen Innovation Conference, showcasing inventions and technologies.
This is all great news for green marketers, MediaPost writes. Increasingly, consumers are questioning marketers as to how companies treat the environment when it comes to producing products. “Most advertisers are looking at ways that say they are environmentally neutral in terms of impact to the environment,” Bill Carroll, vice president and director of programming for TV sales company, Katz Communications. “It would make sense for them to find places to send those messages.”
Energy Manager News
- 5 Reasons Clean Energy Investments Beat Expectations
- East Coast Cities are Top 3 Most Energy Efficient
- Tri-Generation System Generates Heat, Power, Hydrogen
- Lennox Expands Commercial Packaged Rooftop Units
- US Representative Wants to Extend Tax Credits for Clean Energy
- Eaton Hired at Fort Campbell
- Schneider Software Prevents Overcooling in Data Centers
- HVAC Brain Carries Siemens Commercial Room Thermostat