Green Marketers To Get Discovery Channel Dedicated to Green Topics
Discovery Channel is launching the first-ever 24-hour TV network dedicated solely to green lifestyle programming. The initiative, launching next year, includes a $50 million investment in new original content and a multi-platform offering with interactive tools and “how-to” resources.
The network is expected to debut in over 50 million U.S. homes and will cover categories such as eco-design, organic food and green architecture.
Discovery will also host a PlanetGreen Innovation Conference, showcasing inventions and technologies.
This is all great news for green marketers, MediaPost writes. Increasingly, consumers are questioning marketers as to how companies treat the environment when it comes to producing products. “Most advertisers are looking at ways that say they are environmentally neutral in terms of impact to the environment,” Bill Carroll, vice president and director of programming for TV sales company, Katz Communications. “It would make sense for them to find places to send those messages.”
Energy Manager News
- Behind the Meter Podcast: Keys to Energy Efficient Air Filtration
- Tracking the Exciting World of Solar Energy Research
- Colorado Mixing Solar, Weatherization
- Lighting Sector: 4% CAGR Through 2020
- ERC Price Benchmark Trends Week Ending: August 19, 2016
- New Hampshire Town Resists Door-to-Door Sales
- Minnesota Commerce Department Challenges Otter Tail Power Rate Hike
- An Interesting Summer for PACE