Cerulean Jet to Offset Carbon Emissions, Plans Marketing Push
Cerulean Jet, a provider of private air charter services, says it has become the first private jet carrier to offset the carbon emissions for all of its chartered flights. It’s purchasing the carbon offsets from Green Mountain Energy.
Cerulean will purchase carbon offsets from Green Mountain for 100 percent of its entire fleet’s flights for one year.
Green Mountain Energy Company estimates that in 2007, Cerulean will be able to offset the impact of an estimated 4 million miles of private jet flights.
Cerulean will promote its carbon offset purchases through magazine ads, email campaigns and its Web site, as well as in brochures it displays in its chartered jets. Additionally, the company will promote the move through a new green Web site for pilots that it plans to launch at www.thegreenjet.com.
Stay Up-to-Date On Environmental Management, Energy & Sustainability News with EL's Free Daily Newsletter
Energy Manager News
- Passive-House High-Rise to be Airtight
- Greensmith Offers ‘Second Opinion’ on Energy Storage Systems
- Commercial Tankless Water Heater Handles the Demands of Business
- Booz Allen, Siemens, Power Analytics Score 16 Microgrid Projects
- NH City to Save $500,000 Annually with LED Streetlights
- Australian College Uses Energy Storage
- LED Boosts Light Output 50%, Uses Existing Drivers
- Energesco Wins Energy Efficiency Contracts for Multifamily Buildings in Maryland