Cerulean Jet to Offset Carbon Emissions, Plans Marketing Push
Cerulean Jet, a provider of private air charter services, says it has become the first private jet carrier to offset the carbon emissions for all of its chartered flights. It’s purchasing the carbon offsets from Green Mountain Energy.
Cerulean will purchase carbon offsets from Green Mountain for 100 percent of its entire fleet’s flights for one year.
Green Mountain Energy Company estimates that in 2007, Cerulean will be able to offset the impact of an estimated 4 million miles of private jet flights.
Cerulean will promote its carbon offset purchases through magazine ads, email campaigns and its Web site, as well as in brochures it displays in its chartered jets. Additionally, the company will promote the move through a new green Web site for pilots that it plans to launch at www.thegreenjet.com.
Energy Manager News
- Dissecting the Data Revolution
- Energy Star Recognizes 16 GM Facilities
- CCI Group Awarded Contract for Anniston Army Depot
- Under Hawaiian Electric’s New TOU Pilot Plan, Time Is Money
- SCE&G Retail Rate Adjustment Will Be Close to Break-Even for Customers
- LEED v4 is Ready to Take Center Stage
- Honeywell Upgrading Energy, Water Systems at The University of Mount Olive
- Three Boston Area Organizations Jointly Buying Solar Energy