Cerulean Jet to Offset Carbon Emissions, Plans Marketing Push
Cerulean Jet, a provider of private air charter services, says it has become the first private jet carrier to offset the carbon emissions for all of its chartered flights. It’s purchasing the carbon offsets from Green Mountain Energy.
Cerulean will purchase carbon offsets from Green Mountain for 100 percent of its entire fleet’s flights for one year.
Green Mountain Energy Company estimates that in 2007, Cerulean will be able to offset the impact of an estimated 4 million miles of private jet flights.
Cerulean will promote its carbon offset purchases through magazine ads, email campaigns and its Web site, as well as in brochures it displays in its chartered jets. Additionally, the company will promote the move through a new green Web site for pilots that it plans to launch at www.thegreenjet.com.
Energy Manager News
- Apple, Google, Facebook Throw Weight Around in NC Energy Policy
- 2015 Green Lease Leaders include Landlords, Tenants, Brokers
- Disney World Builds Mickey Mouse-Shaped 5 MW Solar System
- Ohio Businesses Encouraged to Use Cogged V-Belts
- Renewables Share of US Energy Consumption Highest Since 1930s
- ZBB Unveils EMS for C&I Buildings
- Levi Strauss, Gap, Autodesk Support California Clean Energy Bill
- New Hydro-Quebec Data Center to Use Free Cooling