Cerulean Jet to Offset Carbon Emissions, Plans Marketing Push
Cerulean Jet, a provider of private air charter services, says it has become the first private jet carrier to offset the carbon emissions for all of its chartered flights. It’s purchasing the carbon offsets from Green Mountain Energy.
Cerulean will purchase carbon offsets from Green Mountain for 100 percent of its entire fleet’s flights for one year.
Green Mountain Energy Company estimates that in 2007, Cerulean will be able to offset the impact of an estimated 4 million miles of private jet flights.
Cerulean will promote its carbon offset purchases through magazine ads, email campaigns and its Web site, as well as in brochures it displays in its chartered jets. Additionally, the company will promote the move through a new green Web site for pilots that it plans to launch at www.thegreenjet.com.
Energy Manager News
- US Military Taking No Risks by Going Green, Saving Lives and Energy
- Affordable Housing Pushes Energy Efficiency
- Controlling Air Conditioners
- ZTE, Tancent Develop Modular Data Center
- First Quarter 2016: Green Energy Growing Faster than Natural Gas
- Delmarva Power Asks for Over $80M in Electric and Gas Base Rate Hikes
- Florida Supreme Court Puts Kibosh on FPL Fracking Charge
- Restaurant Supply Company Bakes Energy Efficiency into New Facility