NY Times Gets Plug-In Hybrid
The New York Times will receive the first medium-duty plug-in hybrid vehicle on the East Coast as part of a commercial fleet performance demonstration and technology evaluation process.
The van, a Dodge Sprinter plug-in hybrid electric vehicle, will be housed at th papers printing plant in Queens and will be used to transport newspapers to The Times’s headquarters in Manhattan, as well as to different locations in the area.
The hybrid was made available by a partnership between DaimlerChrysler, the New York Power Authority, Electric Power Research Institute and Con Edison.
Stay Up-to-Date On Environmental Management, Energy & Sustainability News with EL's Free Daily Newsletter
Energy Manager News
- Don’t Go It Alone When Retrofitting
- LinkedIn Campus Gets Mobile EV Charging
- Many Vendors Vie for Lighting Controls Business
- Johnson Controls Opens Variable Refrigerant Flow (VRF) Training Center
- Acquiring Renewable Energy Should Be Easier, Facebook Says
- Energy Upgrades at School District Financed by NY Power Authority
- Fusing System Helps Solar Customers with Overcurrent Protection
- ABM Joins Balboa Park Sustainability Council