NY Times Gets Plug-In Hybrid
The New York Times will receive the first medium-duty plug-in hybrid vehicle on the East Coast as part of a commercial fleet performance demonstration and technology evaluation process.
The van, a Dodge Sprinter plug-in hybrid electric vehicle, will be housed at th papers printing plant in Queens and will be used to transport newspapers to The Times’s headquarters in Manhattan, as well as to different locations in the area.
The hybrid was made available by a partnership between DaimlerChrysler, the New York Power Authority, Electric Power Research Institute and Con Edison.
Stay Up-to-Date On Environmental Management, Energy & Sustainability News with EL's Free Daily Newsletter
Energy Manager News
- Singapore Commercial Building Energy Use Slows
- Enterprise, Alabama, Gradually Upgrading School Energy
- Meter Analytics Firm Aquicore Gets Seed Money
- The NHL Gets an Assist on Arena LED Deployment
- Energy Storage Sector Booming
- 2015 Solar Gen Is 31 Times Higher Than 2005
- Aspen Now 100% Powered by Renewable Resources
- Energy Efficiency: Building Owners Increasingly “Get It”