NY Times Gets Plug-In Hybrid
The New York Times will receive the first medium-duty plug-in hybrid vehicle on the East Coast as part of a commercial fleet performance demonstration and technology evaluation process.
The van, a Dodge Sprinter plug-in hybrid electric vehicle, will be housed at th papers printing plant in Queens and will be used to transport newspapers to The Times’s headquarters in Manhattan, as well as to different locations in the area.
The hybrid was made available by a partnership between DaimlerChrysler, the New York Power Authority, Electric Power Research Institute and Con Edison.
Energy Manager News
- Mohegan Sun Pocono Casino Doesn’t Consider Cogeneration a Gamble
- Clean Power Plan: Obama’s Team Confident About Pitch to Supreme Court
- BuildingIQ Introduces Managed Services
- Solar Power Breakthrough Near?
- Battery Storage Giving Businesses a Break
- Could Ratepayers Foot the Bill for New Hampshire’s Pipelines?
- CenterPoint to Acquire Continuum’s Retail Energy Services Division
- LED Projects Must Be Carefully Planned