NY Times Gets Plug-In Hybrid
The New York Times will receive the first medium-duty plug-in hybrid vehicle on the East Coast as part of a commercial fleet performance demonstration and technology evaluation process.
The van, a Dodge Sprinter plug-in hybrid electric vehicle, will be housed at th papers printing plant in Queens and will be used to transport newspapers to The Times’s headquarters in Manhattan, as well as to different locations in the area.
The hybrid was made available by a partnership between DaimlerChrysler, the New York Power Authority, Electric Power Research Institute and Con Edison.
Energy Manager News
- Getting Serious About Energy Metrics
- Honeywell Smart Building Technology Uses ‘Tablet-Like’ Visualization
- Micro Wind Turbines Top Intel Headquarters
- Neon LED Strip Light Prevents Dangers of Actual Neon Light
- Framingham Saves $380,000 per Year with ESPC
- FlexEnergy Commissions Multiple 250 KW Gas Turbines in Seoul
- Corporations Rally to Streamline Renewable Energy Procurement
- Solar Trees Provide Shade, Electricity, EV Charging