NY Times Gets Plug-In Hybrid
The New York Times will receive the first medium-duty plug-in hybrid vehicle on the East Coast as part of a commercial fleet performance demonstration and technology evaluation process.
The van, a Dodge Sprinter plug-in hybrid electric vehicle, will be housed at th papers printing plant in Queens and will be used to transport newspapers to The Times’s headquarters in Manhattan, as well as to different locations in the area.
The hybrid was made available by a partnership between DaimlerChrysler, the New York Power Authority, Electric Power Research Institute and Con Edison.
Energy Manager News
- Flying High: Energy Efficiency, Renewables and Airports
- Want a Green and Energy Conscious Business? Try These Ideas
- Beazer Homes Wins Energy Star Award
- Infineon Unveils Integrated LED
- FMPA: Power Costs Expected to Dwindle 30% to 40% Within Years
- Name-Dropping: CUB and Illinois AG Say Nicor Advanced Energy Should Change Identity
- Saving Energy – In the Restroom
- UAB Getting First Solar Array