L.A. Considers Plastic Bag Ban
Los Angeles County officials are considering a ban on plastic grocery bags, the LA Times reports.
The Board of Supervisors has directed the Department of Public Works to study the issue and report back in 90 days.
The action follows San Francisco’s decision to ban the most common type of petroleum-based carry-out plastic bags.
Stay Up-to-Date On Environmental Management, Energy & Sustainability News with EL's Free Daily Newsletter
Energy Manager News
- Bridgewater, MA, Gets $231,000 Efficiency Grant
- Biomass Group Studies Role in Clean Power Plan
- Rockleigh Borough Installing LEDs, Low Energy AC
- PHG to Build Big Gasification Plant for Sevier Solid Waste
- Energy Profile of Commercial Buildings Changing
- Smart Meter Market Surging
- Modular Data Centers Cut Construction Costs
- Failure to Build Energy Infrastructure Could Cost New England $5.4B