L.A. Considers Plastic Bag Ban
Los Angeles County officials are considering a ban on plastic grocery bags, the LA Times reports.
The Board of Supervisors has directed the Department of Public Works to study the issue and report back in 90 days.
The action follows San Francisco’s decision to ban the most common type of petroleum-based carry-out plastic bags.
Stay Up-to-Date On Environmental Management, Energy & Sustainability News with EL's Free Daily Newsletter
Energy Manager News
- LAX Commissions New $438M Central Utilities Plant
- International Paper Receives Trucked Compressed Natural Gas
- Housing Authority Signs ESPC with Ameresco
- Solar Installed at USDA Buildings
- Eaton Supports 6.3 MW Hospital Solar Installation in New Jersey
- UK Grocery Store Chain Gives Refrigerators an Energy Savings Turbo Boost
- ATG Designs 120-watt LED Fixture for Gas Station Canopies
- Schneider Electric Launches PowerLogic PM8000 Line of Meters