SustainLane Launches User-Generated Review Site
San Francisco startup SustainLane, which initially focused on developing a database of government sustainability policies and practices, launched a user-generated review site and directory for green products and services last week, Green Wombat reports. It currently has about 3,000 reviews, on everything from organic insect repellent to earth-friendly diapers, and 10,000 green business listings.
The company hopes to build ratings and communications tools and moderation tools to guard against greenwashing by companies making unsupportable claims.
The company says it has been approached by green businesses that want to upload their inventories to the site and that it is considering a move in this direction.
Stay Up-to-Date On Environmental Management, Energy & Sustainability News with EL's Free Daily Newsletter
Energy Manager News
- Don’t Go It Alone When Retrofitting
- LinkedIn Campus Gets Mobile EV Charging
- Many Vendors Vie for Lighting Controls Business
- Johnson Controls Opens Variable Refrigerant Flow (VRF) Training Center
- Acquiring Renewable Energy Should Be Easier, Facebook Says
- Energy Upgrades at School District Financed by NY Power Authority
- Fusing System Helps Solar Customers with Overcurrent Protection
- ABM Joins Balboa Park Sustainability Council