SustainLane Launches User-Generated Review Site
San Francisco startup SustainLane, which initially focused on developing a database of government sustainability policies and practices, launched a user-generated review site and directory for green products and services last week, Green Wombat reports. It currently has about 3,000 reviews, on everything from organic insect repellent to earth-friendly diapers, and 10,000 green business listings.
The company hopes to build ratings and communications tools and moderation tools to guard against greenwashing by companies making unsupportable claims.
The company says it has been approached by green businesses that want to upload their inventories to the site and that it is considering a move in this direction.
Energy Manager News
- New York Solar Installations Soar 300%
- Tiny, Solar-Powered Circuit Is 80% Efficient
- California Grid to Maintain Reliability Despite Drought
- Largest Solar Project Installed on Closed Landfill Under Consideration
- TerraForm Buys 930 MW Wind Portfolio for $2B
- BMW Tests Fuel-Cell Car
- Researchers Develop Cell that Can Store Solar at Night
- Energy Efficiency Program Saves Texas College $4.4M