SustainLane Launches User-Generated Review Site
San Francisco startup SustainLane, which initially focused on developing a database of government sustainability policies and practices, launched a user-generated review site and directory for green products and services last week, Green Wombat reports. It currently has about 3,000 reviews, on everything from organic insect repellent to earth-friendly diapers, and 10,000 green business listings.
The company hopes to build ratings and communications tools and moderation tools to guard against greenwashing by companies making unsupportable claims.
The company says it has been approached by green businesses that want to upload their inventories to the site and that it is considering a move in this direction.
Energy Manager News
- LEED v4 is Ready to Take Center Stage
- Honeywell Upgrading Energy, Water Systems at The University of Mount Olive
- Three Boston Area Organizations Jointly Buying Solar Energy
- Insider ‘Outs’ Misleading Strategy Behind Florida’s Solar Amendment 1
- Mississippi Watchdog: Kemper Syngas Operations Could Raise Costs by 288%
- Waste-to-Energy Shows Growth in New Jersey, Maine and Florida
- Zen Ecosystems Introduces Zen HQ
- Flywheel Platform Introduced by GE