SustainLane Launches User-Generated Review Site
San Francisco startup SustainLane, which initially focused on developing a database of government sustainability policies and practices, launched a user-generated review site and directory for green products and services last week, Green Wombat reports. It currently has about 3,000 reviews, on everything from organic insect repellent to earth-friendly diapers, and 10,000 green business listings.
The company hopes to build ratings and communications tools and moderation tools to guard against greenwashing by companies making unsupportable claims.
The company says it has been approached by green businesses that want to upload their inventories to the site and that it is considering a move in this direction.
Energy Manager News
- Mohegan Sun Pocono Casino Doesn’t Consider Cogeneration a Gamble
- Clean Power Plan: Obama’s Team Confident About Pitch to Supreme Court
- BuildingIQ Introduces Managed Services
- Solar Power Breakthrough Near?
- Battery Storage Giving Businesses a Break
- Could Ratepayers Foot the Bill for New Hampshire’s Pipelines?
- CenterPoint to Acquire Continuum’s Retail Energy Services Division
- LED Projects Must Be Carefully Planned