SustainLane Launches User-Generated Review Site
San Francisco startup SustainLane, which initially focused on developing a database of government sustainability policies and practices, launched a user-generated review site and directory for green products and services last week, Green Wombat reports. It currently has about 3,000 reviews, on everything from organic insect repellent to earth-friendly diapers, and 10,000 green business listings.
The company hopes to build ratings and communications tools and moderation tools to guard against greenwashing by companies making unsupportable claims.
The company says it has been approached by green businesses that want to upload their inventories to the site and that it is considering a move in this direction.
Stay Up-to-Date On Environmental Management, Energy & Sustainability News with EL's Free Daily Newsletter
Energy Manager News
- Helping Building Automation Grow
- Municipalities Could Combine Small Cell and LED Upgrades
- Holistic Approach to Energy Savings in Dublin, Ohio Schools
- NYC One Step Closer to Net-Zero Energy Goal at Wastewater Treatment Plants
- ‘Better Buildings, Better Plants’ Saves $2.4B Over Five Years
- Report Details Massive UK Energy Waste
- Embracing New Tech Is Key to Greater Energy Savings, Say Experts
- Johnson Controls, Hitachi Appliances Launch AC JV