Pillar Data Develops ‘Storage Efficiency Quotient’ to Market Systems
Pillar Data Systems says its Pillar Axiom is the most efficient storage system on the market and that companies such as RedEnvelope and Cubist Pharmaceuticals are realizing savings on both energy costs to power and cool their data storage infrastructures and on real estate costs to physically house those systems.
In some cases, according to the company, savings of up to 75 percent annually are being reported on energy costs alone.
As part of a new marketing effort, Pillar has introduced the Pillar Storage Efficiency Quotient, which factors elements of data storage efficiency, including capacity, performance, power, and space.
Pillar Data Systems is one of the Green Grid’s new members.
Energy Manager News
- Insider ‘Outs’ Misleading Strategy Behind Florida’s Solar Amendment 1
- Mississippi Watchdog: Kemper Syngas Operations Could Raise Costs by 288%
- Waste-to-Energy Shows Growth in New Jersey, Maine and Florida
- Zen Ecosystems Introduces Zen HQ
- Flywheel Platform Introduced by GE
- Key Trends: Corporate Renewable Energy Procurement and Spend 2016
- Cogeneration Continues to Make Inroads
- Honeywell, OG&E Upgrading Tinker Air Force Base Assembly Plant