Pillar Data Develops ‘Storage Efficiency Quotient’ to Market Systems
Pillar Data Systems says its Pillar Axiom is the most efficient storage system on the market and that companies such as RedEnvelope and Cubist Pharmaceuticals are realizing savings on both energy costs to power and cool their data storage infrastructures and on real estate costs to physically house those systems.
In some cases, according to the company, savings of up to 75 percent annually are being reported on energy costs alone.
As part of a new marketing effort, Pillar has introduced the Pillar Storage Efficiency Quotient, which factors elements of data storage efficiency, including capacity, performance, power, and space.
Pillar Data Systems is one of the Green Grid’s new members.
Energy Manager News
- Microgrids, Now Mainstream, Continue to Advance
- Developing Economies Increasing their Share of Renewable Capacity
- LG Chem In Big German Battery Project
- ERC: Electricity Price Trends for the Week Ending Nov. 20
- PUCO: ‘Fixed Means Fixed’ in Retail Contracts
- FERC Requires Reports on Price Formation
- Viridian Energy Moves into Texas Market
- PUC Approves PPL’s 6.1% Rate Hike