Pillar Data Develops ‘Storage Efficiency Quotient’ to Market Systems
Pillar Data Systems says its Pillar Axiom is the most efficient storage system on the market and that companies such as RedEnvelope and Cubist Pharmaceuticals are realizing savings on both energy costs to power and cool their data storage infrastructures and on real estate costs to physically house those systems.
In some cases, according to the company, savings of up to 75 percent annually are being reported on energy costs alone.
As part of a new marketing effort, Pillar has introduced the Pillar Storage Efficiency Quotient, which factors elements of data storage efficiency, including capacity, performance, power, and space.
Pillar Data Systems is one of the Green Grid’s new members.
Stay Up-to-Date On Environmental Management, Energy & Sustainability News with EL's Free Daily Newsletter
Energy Manager News
- Passive-House High-Rise to be Airtight
- Greensmith Offers ‘Second Opinion’ on Energy Storage Systems
- Commercial Tankless Water Heater Handles the Demands of Business
- Booz Allen, Siemens, Power Analytics Score 16 Microgrid Projects
- NH City to Save $500,000 Annually with LED Streetlights
- Australian College Uses Energy Storage
- LED Boosts Light Output 50%, Uses Existing Drivers
- Energesco Wins Energy Efficiency Contracts for Multifamily Buildings in Maryland