Fresno Plans Largest Airport Solar Power System In U.S.
The two-megawatt, $16 million solar system is expected to be completed by March 2008 and will be owned and operated by WorldWater & Power Corp. After 20 years, the airport will take ownership of the 25-acre system.
The power system is expected to save the airport about $13 million in electricity bills over the next 20 years.
Energy Manager News
- Behind the Meter Podcast: Seeing U-Haul’s HQ Parking Structure in a New (LED) Light
- Uninterruptible Power Supplies: The Case for Moving Beyond Batteries
- Nuclear Giant Exelon Wants to Invest in Wind Energy in Ohio
- Arby’s Reports on Corporate Social Responsibility Initiatives
- Navigant: Smart Meter Sector Has “Plateaued”
- Poll: 75% of Large U.S. Corporations Say They Will Buy Renewables Within 18 Months
- Duke Energy Progress Customers to See Fuel Cost-Recovery Savings
- Energy-as-a-Service: Charting a Path Through Complexity