Fresno Plans Largest Airport Solar Power System In U.S.
The two-megawatt, $16 million solar system is expected to be completed by March 2008 and will be owned and operated by WorldWater & Power Corp. After 20 years, the airport will take ownership of the 25-acre system.
The power system is expected to save the airport about $13 million in electricity bills over the next 20 years.
Stay Up-to-Date On Environmental Management, Energy & Sustainability News with EL's Free Daily Newsletter
Energy Manager News
- Passive-House High-Rise to be Airtight
- Greensmith Offers ‘Second Opinion’ on Energy Storage Systems
- Commercial Tankless Water Heater Handles the Demands of Business
- Booz Allen, Siemens, Power Analytics Score 16 Microgrid Projects
- NH City to Save $500,000 Annually with LED Streetlights
- Australian College Uses Energy Storage
- LED Boosts Light Output 50%, Uses Existing Drivers
- Energesco Wins Energy Efficiency Contracts for Multifamily Buildings in Maryland