HSBC Green Campaign Pushes Online Bill Pay
HSBC Group has launched a green campaign named There’s No Small Change, MediaPost reports. The bank is hosting a series of localized events to encourage customers to open new individual or business checking accounts and existing customers to enroll in online bill pay and to sign up for e-statements.
HSBC is increasing advertising in Florida, California, Connecticut, New York, and New Jersey. The campaign has radio, print, online and outdoor ad components and a three-month calendar of earth-friendly events listed on a microsite.
While HSBC has a strong environmental record, there’s also a large financial incentive for HSBC to convert as many customers as possible. If every new checking account holder pays three bills on line, more than 500,000 pieces of paper would be saved, according to the article.
A Green Living Kit, including green coupons, a subscription to The Green Guide from National Geographic, and other giveaways is sent to each new checking or business checking customer who opts to pay at least three bills online.
Energy Manager News
- Will Co-Firing Natural Gas and Coal Meet Clean Power Plan Standards?
- China and India: Doing the Unimaginable to Address Climate Change
- Maine Solar Bill That Advocates Claim Could Save $100M Is Vetoed by Governor LePage
- Competitive Green Retailer Star Energy Partners Expands to New Jersey, Pennsylvania
- Flying High: Energy Efficiency, Renewables and Airports
- Want a Green and Energy Conscious Business? Try These Ideas
- Beazer Homes Wins Energy Star Award
- Infineon Unveils Integrated LED