British Gas Launches Green Business, Cuts Energy Use
British Gas has launched a new business that will offer green, low carbon products and services. The business, British Gas New Energy, will advise customers on how to make their homes and businesses greener and supplying products and services to facilitate this. GearA?A??A?AA³id Lane, previously Centrica’s director of energy procurement, has been appointed managing director of the new business.
In particular, the new unit will provide Energy Performance Certificates which, under new legislation, will soon be mandatory for those selling homes in the UK. The unit will also sell solar heating panels.
British Gas and Centrica, its parent company have also committed to a 10 percent reduction in energy usage in its buildings in the UK by the end of 2007 compared with December 2006 levels.
Energy Manager News
- Two Studies Show the State of Energy Efficiency
- Phoenix Airport LED Project Moves Along
- Maine Businesses Shut Out of Power Program
- Stay Cool This Summer While Avoiding These Common Summer Pitfalls
- Coalition Seeks to Stop SCE&G’s Blank Check
- NARUC Releases DER Draft Rate Design Manual
- Behind the Meter Podcast: Pushing Sustainability, Efficiency with Green Leases
- The Tricky World of Portable Commercial Air Conditioners