British Gas Launches Green Business, Cuts Energy Use
British Gas has launched a new business that will offer green, low carbon products and services. The business, British Gas New Energy, will advise customers on how to make their homes and businesses greener and supplying products and services to facilitate this. GearA?A??A?AA³id Lane, previously Centrica’s director of energy procurement, has been appointed managing director of the new business.
In particular, the new unit will provide Energy Performance Certificates which, under new legislation, will soon be mandatory for those selling homes in the UK. The unit will also sell solar heating panels.
British Gas and Centrica, its parent company have also committed to a 10 percent reduction in energy usage in its buildings in the UK by the end of 2007 compared with December 2006 levels.
Energy Manager News
- Commercial Refrigeration Benefits from Efficiency and Environmental Efforts
- TechNavio Releases Commercial AC Report
- Dubuque Meeting Hears About Energy Audits
- Science-Based Targets Inspire a Smarter Investment Strategy in Retail
- Missouri Lawmakers Resume Debate on Utility Rate Hikes
- Wake Forest Drops Its Residential and C&I Electric Rates
- Submissions Now Accepted for Energy Manager Today Awards
- New York City Study Conclusion: Benchmarking Works