British Gas Launches Green Business, Cuts Energy Use
British Gas has launched a new business that will offer green, low carbon products and services. The business, British Gas New Energy, will advise customers on how to make their homes and businesses greener and supplying products and services to facilitate this. GearA?A??A?AA³id Lane, previously Centrica’s director of energy procurement, has been appointed managing director of the new business.
In particular, the new unit will provide Energy Performance Certificates which, under new legislation, will soon be mandatory for those selling homes in the UK. The unit will also sell solar heating panels.
British Gas and Centrica, its parent company have also committed to a 10 percent reduction in energy usage in its buildings in the UK by the end of 2007 compared with December 2006 levels.
Energy Manager News
- Natural Gas Pipeline Congestion is Squeezing Energy Managers
- New Hampshire Raises Net Metering Cap
- NEPGA: Canadian Hydro Contracts Could Cost Consumers $777M Annually
- Building a Better Turbine
- Oracle and Opower to Team Up to Make Big Data Even Bigger
- Navigant: Big Growth Ahead for BMSes
- Water, Energy Steps Being Taken at 2 KY Correctional Facilities
- Western EIM Benefits Are Up to Nearly $65M with NV Energy Participation