British Gas Launches Green Business, Cuts Energy Use
British Gas has launched a new business that will offer green, low carbon products and services. The business, British Gas New Energy, will advise customers on how to make their homes and businesses greener and supplying products and services to facilitate this. GearA?A??A?AA³id Lane, previously Centrica’s director of energy procurement, has been appointed managing director of the new business.
In particular, the new unit will provide Energy Performance Certificates which, under new legislation, will soon be mandatory for those selling homes in the UK. The unit will also sell solar heating panels.
British Gas and Centrica, its parent company have also committed to a 10 percent reduction in energy usage in its buildings in the UK by the end of 2007 compared with December 2006 levels.
Stay Up-to-Date On Environmental Management, Energy & Sustainability News with EL's Free Daily Newsletter
Energy Manager News
- Bridgewater, MA, Gets $231,000 Efficiency Grant
- Biomass Group Studies Role in Clean Power Plan
- Rockleigh Borough Installing LEDs, Low Energy AC
- PHG to Build Big Gasification Plant for Sevier Solid Waste
- Energy Profile of Commercial Buildings Changing
- Smart Meter Market Surging
- Modular Data Centers Cut Construction Costs
- Failure to Build Energy Infrastructure Could Cost New England $5.4B