Estee Lauder Installs Solar Power System
Estee Lauder has installed a 600-kilowatt solar energy system at its manufacturing facility in Oakland, New Jersey. The project is one of New Jersey’s largest rooftop mounted solar installations as well the largest third-party solar energy supply contract in the state.
Designed and installed by DT Solar and owned by an investment partnership created by MMA Renewable Ventures, the system incorporates more than 3,000 solar panels installed atop a facility that houses manufacturing for Estee Lauder’s Aramis Brand. The project has the complete support of facility owner and operator Westminster Management. Expected to generate over 650,000 kilowatt-hours annually, the solar energy system will offset production of more than 10,000 tons of carbon dioxide over its expected 25-year lifetime.
Earlier this year, Ted Turner partnered with Dome-Tech Solar to create DT Solar, a Turner renewable energy company.
Stay Up-to-Date On Environmental Management, Energy & Sustainability News with EL's Free Daily Newsletter
Energy Manager News
- Tesla Becoming a Major Player in the Energy Storage Market
- Federal Agencies Must Use eProject Builder for All ESPC Projects
- Refrigeration Battery Works as Energy Storage
- 400 kW Fuel Cell System Powers Comcast Facility
- City Picks UtilityTRX for Utility Bill Management
- FridgeWize Unveils HVAC EC Motors
- Aztec AMC Modular HVAC system Reduces Data Center Cooling Costs
- Verismic Does Remote PC Power Management